Transparent Application Software?

Hey Everyone it's my first post on these forums so I'm not sure if this is the right place but hopefully it's fine.

So I just finished college and am broke so I was looking into an alternative way to watch videos while playing video games without buying an extra monitor. My desk is too small for an extra one anyways. I was thinking how it would be cool if you could adjust any application to whatever transparency you want. I was thinking for games like league of legends or starcraft 2 where I tend to listen to a bunch of videos on YouTube in the background while I'm playing. It would be nice to just be able to glance over to the corner of the screen to watch the video while I'm dead or just running across the map. 

To my knowledge I couldn't find anything about how to make something that isn't a file window more or less transparent. There is also the problem of having a video as the top layer but also being able to click the application that is behind it for productivity purposes and such. I was originally thinking maybe I could make league of legends 50% transparent so that I can watch whatever movie I wanted to in the background or something along those lines. I wasn't able to find any software that accomplished this after a few google searches so I decided to come here and see if anyone had any ideas. I stumbled across a browser called "Glass Browser" that is surprisingly intuitive to use. Instead of making an application transparent it just makes whatever is in your browser transparent so that you can watch something while working on something else. So essentially I can watch youtube or netflix now overlayed on top of league of legends at whatever transparency I want, and if I click the map behind the video is still acts as if I am in the game.

Just wanted to share that with anyone that might be interested as it could also be useful for people that are learning a new software and watch a tutorial video without having to constantly minimize the program you are working with to see whats going on. I think this functionality could be really useful for other windows applications so if anyone knows of another program that also accomplishes this please let me know.