How fast can RX Vega 64 go?

Hi,

I bought the Gigabyte RX Vega 64 Gaming OC 8GB, and I'm wondering if I can crank the speed up.

So far the GPUz reported that the clock speed is 1630MHz, but the test bench Unigine Superposition report a maximum of 1595MHz. Am I missing something, or does it have to do with thermal throttling or power issues? I set the fan speed to run at 100% when the GPU hit 60c (GPUz reported the fan run at maximum 83%), and the maximum temp reported by the benchmark is around 65c. My power supply is 750W 80Plus Gold, CPU is AMD Ryzen 3600, Motherboard is Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WiFi.

Anyway, according to official website, the boost speed is 1560MHz whereas the base speed is 1276MHz. Official website: https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-RXVEGA64GAMING-OC-8GD/sp#sp

And also, does Gigabyte give you a sticker (the tiny Radeon sticker where you can stick at your case)? I can't find one, though.

Regards,

Chiyawa

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

4 minutes ago, Chiyawa said:

So far the GPUz reported that the clock speed is 1630MHz, but the test bench Unigine Superposition report a maximum of 1595MHz. Am I missing something, or does it have to do with thermal throttling or power issues?

Vega scales frequency dynamically with temperature, voltage and power, so don't be bothered by GPU-Z readings.

You should push memory frequency first, that's key for AMD cards in general

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

My vega 64 nitro+ can go up to 1750mhz and 1150mhz on hbm2. But i leave core to 1610mhz at 950mv. It usually never is at 1610mhz, more like 1550mhz. so its fine.

3 hours ago, Jurrunio said:

Vega scales frequency dynamically with temperature, voltage and power, so don't be bothered by GPU-Z readings.

You should push memory frequency first, that's key for AMD cards in general

I seems to having difficulty to adjust memory frequency using AMD Wattman. I always ended up with blue screen. I'm not sure if this is because of the conflict between AMD Wattman and Gigabyte Engine.

1 hour ago, edvinasfresh said:

My vega 64 nitro+ can go up to 1750mhz and 1150mhz on hbm2. But i leave core to 1610mhz at 950mv. It usually never is at 1610mhz, more like 1550mhz. so its fine.

Wow, can you teach me how to crank up to that speed?

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

12 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

Wow, can you teach me how to crank up to that speed?

Just go by small intervals. It depends what you want from your GPU. Max performance = lots of heat and huge power consumption. For example mine doesn't exceed 200w, but provides awesome performance.

11 hours ago, edvinasfresh said:

Just go by small intervals. It depends what you want from your GPU. Max performance = lots of heat and huge power consumption. For example mine doesn't exceed 200w, but provides awesome performance.

Wow. My GPU chip consume almost 220W (some to the point of 300W), if what GPU-z reports are correct.

Okay. I'll try to reduce the power and see if it gets better.

56 minutes ago, Chiyawa said:

Wow. My GPU chip consume almost 220W (some to the point of 300W), if what GPU-z reports are correct.

Okay. I'll try to reduce the power and see if it gets better.

This is my daily set-up. (took this photo to know values, because reinstalled os to new ssd, sorry for crap quality:D)

20191107_154908.jpg

Hmm, after a bit of tinkering, I found that my card could increase GPU clock speed to 5%, Memory clock to 1100MHz, and power +50%. This is the highest clock speed the card can run without issues. I wonder if anyone can run further than this speed:

Average GPU clock speed: 1600MHz (depending on the utilisation, if utilisation is less than 90%, GPU clock speed can go to 1690MHz)

Ram Clock speed: 1100MHz (1150MHz introduce artefacts)

Power: +50% (Now my card consume 330W)

12 hours ago, Xkillerpn said:

thats my card, but I have a crap silicon luck.

Interesting. What's the make and model of the card? What's your Wattman setting?