4670K voltage readings

I have my voltage set manually to 1.1625V and it remains at that until I run AIDA64, then the voltage becomes 1.184. The CPU voltage in the UEFI is set to fully manual but for some reason it does this :P anyone know how to resolve this issue or is it normal?

Thanks!

I have my voltage set manually to 1.1625V and it remains at that until I run AIDA64, then the voltage becomes 1.184. The CPU voltage in the UEFI is set to fully manual but for some reason it does this :P anyone know how to resolve this issue or is it normal?

Thanks!

Software is not always accurate, the voltage is correct in the bios.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

but 1.162 to 1.184 is a big difference.

also, if it remains 1.162, and only becomes 1.184 when stress testing, I dont think it is a not accurate reading problem...if it were, would be 1.184 all the time.

mine does exacly the same. watch my post http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?43529-oc-voltage&country=&status=

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

Vdrop is when you enter the OS which you won't see when you're in the bios. Vdroop is when its under load. Pretty sure CPU-z reads it from the bios, theres no other source than the bios -> http://i.imgur.com/RvopqtI.jpg

I tried to use offset mode to lower that persistent 1.184v, didn work at all! 1.184v all the way.

Whatever I set, it is IMPOSSIBLE to have 1.17v, impossible.

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

Sem_T_tulo.jpg

ok, thats strange..

Asus AI Suite III shows 1.184 like cpuz and sw monitor. which is right?

Technically there is no right? As different applications have different polling polciies and different algorithms on the registering of vid. Even within the UEFI ( BIOS ) this is not 100% but is close. Even since the implementation of a digital PWM on older ASUS boards and no with Haswell which has a native digital controller ( with the FIVR ) the voltage will be pretty accurate in what is reported but their will be some variance between applications based on differences in design. Additionally you should not run concurrent monitoring applications as their polling services can impact each other and affect readings.There will also always be a little of difference in idle to load even with fixed manual vids due to the PCU within the CPU responding to the request. This tied in with some other factors all influence the vid. As such as long as what you are seeing is staying in close proximity or is the same as the defined value you are solid. ( For offset and adaptive voltages though there are number of other differences ).

thank you for the explanation :)

just for the record, I set 1.165V manual in the bios.(UEFI)

when i'm on the UEFI, UEFI shows 1.168v as current voltage.

AI Suite III shows 1.168v, and 1.184v under load.

Cpuz also shows 1.168v, and 1.184 unde load.

Intel extreme tuning utility shows 1.165v all the time. (only one that shows what I set, and doesn't change under load)

What is your Load-line calibration set to?

See this post for a detailed explanation.  Generally speaking software is quite inaccurate for voltage readings.  If you want to know what things actually are at, pick up a $20 digital multimeter.  

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

What is your Load-line calibration set to?

See this post for a detailed explanation.  Generally speaking software is quite inaccurate for voltage readings.  If you want to know what things actually are at, pick up a $20 digital multimeter.  

LLC is on level 4.. I also tried level 1, made no difference. :)

LLC is on level 4.. I also tried level 1, made no difference. :)

Software being in accurate is actually in accurate it is a question of the quality of the software and if it supports the sensors or input mechanisms where the readings occur. ( such as the super I/O controller ).

Additionally on FIVR based CPUs LLC has zero effect as it cannot change the vid policy as it is controlled by the CPU. Really the only thing that can affect CPU voltage on the motherboard size is the input voltage option. This gets complicated as what you may see you get does not represent all the voltage actually be fed due as their is an input voltage to consider. The voltage reading is more representative of the voltage define for the FIVR.

LLC still has value on no FIVR based systems where the PWM is on the motherboard along with the rest of the conversion process. ( Z77, X79, 990FX essentially all other chipsets / cpus outside of Haswell ).

Overall everything you have noted looks to be in order. :)

Software being in accurate is actually in accurate it is a question of the quality of the software and if it supports the sensors or input mechanisms where the readings occur. ( such as the super I/O controller ).

Additionally on FIVR based CPUs LLC has zero effect as it cannot change the vid policy as it is controlled by the CPU. Really the only thing that can affect CPU voltage on the motherboard size is the input voltage option. This gets complicated as what you may see you get does not represent all the voltage actually be fed due as their is an input voltage to consider. The voltage reading is more representative of the voltage define for the FIVR.

LLC still has value on no FIVR based systems where the PWM is on the motherboard along with the rest of the conversion process. ( Z77, X79, 990FX essentially all other chipsets / cpus outside of Haswell ).

Overall everything you have noted looks to be in order. :)

Ok, no software is 100% accurate..

But which should be the "most accurate" ?

I figured now that aida64 cpuid shows 1.165 like intel xtu. They both show what I set in bios, also, the values of that 2 softwares change slightly in time, 1.165v, 1.164v, 1.166.. they seem more accurate than the others that only show 1.168x fixed and 1.184 under load also fixed..

Ok, no software is 100% accurate..

But which should be the "most accurate" ?

I figured now that aida64 cpuid shows 1.165 like intel xtu. They both show what I set in bios, also, the values of that 2 softwares change slightly in time, 1.165v, 1.164v, 1.166.. they seem more accurate than the others that only show 1.168x fixed and 1.184 under load also fixed..

I get the same readings from AIDA64 as well. Either AISuite3 and CPU-Z are wrong or AIDA64 is wrong. Not sure which 

I get the same readings from AIDA64 as well. Either AISuite3 and CPU-Z are wrong or AIDA64 is wrong. Not sure which 

I think aida is more accurate because it is what we set in bios. And change slightly, it is not fixed and much higher.

JJ uses aida in his videos...