[SOLVED] Static noise in the background

RuslanZab

Ever since I changed my motherboard, I have been getting static noise in the background. I think it is related to interference somehow. For example, when I drag a window, the noise becomes louder. Also, when I play a game with no sound, the static noise is very loud. In this case, should I get a DAC or an amp if I want to get rid of the noise and improve the sound quality?

EDIT: Plugging in the headphones into the front panel of my case seems to solve the problem.

11 minutes ago, RuslanZab said:

Ever since I changed my motherboard, I have been getting static noise in the background. I think it is related to interference somehow. For example, when I drag a window, the noise becomes louder. Also, when I play a game with no sound, the static noise is very loud. In this case, should I get a DAC or an amp if I want to get rid of the noise and improve the sound quality?

What motherboard do you have?

Did you try the ports on the case?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Good soundcard may help for sure. On some motherboards noise may be a problem. And yes - when you drag window or use network a lot, nose can be louder. I assume all sound drivers are installed?

I had this kind of problem aswell with a headset, figured out that when i have an usb plugged in right next to the audio jack it makes that noise. perhaps a cable closeby. the moving of your mouse could just be it getting closer>creating more static

16 hours ago, Vishera said:

What motherboard do you have?

Did you try the ports on the case?

1. I have B450 Aorus M.
2. Plugging my headphones in to the front panel of my case seems to solve the problem. Thanks!

44 minutes ago, RuslanZab said:

1. I have B450 Aorus M.
2. Plugging my headphones in to the front panel of my case seems to solve the problem. Thanks!

From my testing with several Gigabyte AM4 boards i suspect there is a design flaw that let electricity from the PCI-E power lines leak to it's surroundings,

That includes the audio traces leading to the motherboard audio ports that are extremely close to those lines.

This problem can begin occur after a one-time failure to boot.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566