I would like to know if anyone can advise some good book on linux, I would like something that start from the basic stuff (I'm kind of a noob in this field) and go deep into the OS. 

So any must-read book about linux that you can advise me? 

Rig: i7 4770k, R9 290 tri-x, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, Asus Z97 PRO, Corsair RM750, Carbide 300r, Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo, 120Gb samsung 840 evo, 2tb WD green

You dont need a book. The online documentation for most distros is more up to date, and more in depth than any book can be.

Download and install Gentoo/Arch and one of those as your OS for a few months. Dont bother with something like Ubuntu, or anything else that comes with a GUI installed.

I would advise not ever reading books on computer hardware or software, things go out of date much too quickly.

Also linux is not just one operating system, there are what is known as distributions of it that use the linux kernel to creat a full experience, some of the best distros for learning are ubuntu, Debian and Linux mint. Other awesome distros include crunchbang (for super low power) and Elementary OS.

My suggestion for learning Linux is to install one of the mentioned distros and just twiddle around in it. when you hit a rock, google is your friend, also there are often dedicated forums for particular OS's such as Ubuntu.

http://www.ubuntu.com/

This is my recommended starting place. 

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

You dont need a book. The online documentation for most distros is more up to date, and more in depth than any book can be.

Download and install Gentoo/Arch and one of those as your OS for a few months. Dont bother with something like Ubuntu, or anything else that comes with a GUI installed.

For someone just starting out with linux it is much easier to wrap your head around something with that looks familiarish, that is why I always suggest something with a GUI as a start.

I would advise not ever reading books on computer hardware or software, things go out of date much too quickly.

Also linux is not just one operating system, there are what is known as distributions of it that use the linux kernel to creat a full experience, some of the best distros for learning are ubuntu, Debian and Linux mint. Other awesome distros include crunchbang (for super low power) and Elementary OS.

My suggestion for learning Linux is to install one of the mentioned distros and just twiddle around in it. when you hit a rock, google is your friend, also there are often dedicated forums for particular OS's such as Ubuntu.

http://www.ubuntu.com/

This is my recommended starting place. 

For someone just starting out with linux it is much easier to wrap your head around something with that looks familiarish, that is why I always suggest something with a GUI as a start.

He isnt learning anythign by clicking around different menus. To learn how it works, and what is needed to make Linux usable and secure he would need to compil, install and configure the packages himself.

It is pointless to just install a distro with a GUI. Nobody uses Linux with a GUI apart from those who use it on their desktop.

ok then, I will dust off my old pentium 4 desktop and try to load some distros on it, and for the documentation I would just have to look on the distro's forum / sites ?

Rig: i7 4770k, R9 290 tri-x, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, Asus Z97 PRO, Corsair RM750, Carbide 300r, Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo, 120Gb samsung 840 evo, 2tb WD green

He isnt learning anythign by clicking around different menus. To learn how it works, and what is needed to make Linux usable and secure he would need to compil, install and configure the packages himself.

It is pointless to just install a distro with a GUI. Nobody uses Linux with a GUI apart from those who use it on their desktop.

That statement is not very true, many people don't use Linux with a desktop environment, but many more people do.  

I highly suggest downloading ubuntu (or anything based off ubuntu) if it is your first linux install.  Learn about the terminal, and the commands that go along with it.  Also take note of the file system and how it is laid out.  Once you feel comfortable with linux, you can try to build your own Arch Linux install.

I'd make an exception for FreeBSD's official handbook though. It's free, updated every release, and goes pretty far in-depth for most things. I normally Google my issues but with FreeBSD I find myself looking in the handbook quite a lot.

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

I'd make an exception for FreeBSD's official handbook though. It's free, updated every release, and goes pretty far in-depth for most things. I normally Google my issues but with FreeBSD I find myself looking in the handbook quite a lot.

Yes, I would agree with this.

Yes, I would agree with this.

I should've added I agree 100% with what you said. Books might get you a basic understanding of what you're doing but actually doing it and experimenting will get you much further.

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

If you are approaching this as an academic endeavour, go with Linux From Scratch.

If you see yourself as a power user, go with Gentoo/Funtoo

If you are too lazy to compile - go with Arch.

If you need your OS prericed and ready out of the box, ArchBang

If you are just kind of neutral, Debian Sid

If you want something built with grandma in mind, try Ubuntu.

Yep... Arch wiki is just amazing.

Signatures are stupid.

I was in the same boat and wanted to learn Linux I had a job interview and they used only open source there and my experience was to say the least lack luster. Irony this semester I am in a Linux  class with 2 certs coming out of it as well. The books tbh are kinda garbage. But this http://www.testout.com/ was kinda bad ass. I don't recommend them cause it would be expensive unless your going threw a school. Best advice dual boot and dive in deep.