what Calculator should i get?

ChineseStig

Hi everyone I am new to the forums and this is my first post.

anyways I lost my TI-83 plus yesterday and need to buy a new calculator. i was looking into the Ti-Nspire or a Ti-89, I am leaning toward the Nspire but dont know if i should get the cas or non-cas. any suggestion?   I am a college student studying engineering. thank you !

There isn't an app for your phone?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

There isn't an app for your phone?

can't use phone on exams....

i would stick with a TI-83, it's hard to relearn all the stuff on a different calculator if you used it often and in every possible way

....but now i want an TI-Nspire, if the battery life is any good :D

I use the calculator cyanogen mod off Google play. Has graphing, matrix, plus more

Hi everyone I am new to the forums and this is my first post.

anyways I lost my TI-83 plus yesterday and need to buy a new calculator. i was looking into the Ti-Nspire or a Ti-89, I am leaning toward the Nspire but dont know if i should get the cas or non-cas. any suggestion?   I am a college student studying engineering. thank you !

For advanced stuff the Napier is better but simple stuff go with the ti 84

My calc teacher has used both, she preferred the ti 89. But if you want the n spire go for the cas.

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

You could get the ti 84 plus

TI 83+ is the same as the TI-84 + in terms of functionality except the 84 is faster for more complex programs. I pretty much always recommend the TI-83 for that.

However if you are willing to learn Casio their calculators are very nice. If I were not already very used to TI I would buy Casio every time.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

TI 83+ is the same as the TI-84 + in terms of functionality except the 84 is faster for more complex programs. I pretty much always recommend the TI-83 for that.

However if you are willing to learn Casio their calculators are very nice. If I were not already very used to TI I would buy Casio every time.

not really important but the ti 84 plus has a rtc

TI-84 plus silver edition, I use it personally and it has a coloured display!

I have an nspire and the battery life is rather short.

Don't have an 84 so I can't really compare.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Double check on what models the exams allow because my teacher and certain standardized tests won't even allow you to have the ti-89. Not sure if this applies but if it does it could save you a lot of pain.

Double check on what models the exams allow because my teacher and certain standardized tests won't even allow you to have the ti-89. Not sure if this applies but if it does it could save you a lot of pain.yea

yeah i was thinking about that..  right now my teachers dont care but i think the nspire cas and the ti-89 are not allowed on some tests..

Real engineers doesn't use graphing calculators :P

what do they use though?

im guessing some kind of program or they do it by them self

BE AWARE! Many profs prohibit the nspire because it can basically do calculus for you if you know how to use it.

yeah i was thinking about that..  right now my teachers dont care but i think the nspire cas and the ti-89 are not allowed on some tests..

Get the Nspire CAS. The only tests you won't be able to use it in are science courses.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

I use a casio cfx - 9850gb plus

I found having a colour screen really helpful

also some functions you only had to put the values in and it would solve it for you - alot quicker

Its all about those volumetric clouds

BE AWARE! Many profs prohibit the nspire because it can basically do calculus for you if you know how to use it.

Isn't that only the feature of TI Nspire CX CAS version? My class uses them, except I use the TI Nspire CX (non-CAS) which doesn't have the ''solve'' feature.

Though I might be wrong, as I haven't gone into the depths of TI Nspire CX calculator.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.