Scan.co.uk Now Accepting BitCoins As Payment.

Bradleywh

That's pretty damn cool. I've shopped with Scan for ages and can highly recommend them. They handle RMA's really quickly too. 

#KILLEDMYWIFE

At the checkout simply select Bitcoin as your payment method, and then click the “Complete order with bitcoin” button. You will then be taken to BitPay to complete payment. BitPay will convert the GBP value of your order to bitcoin using the latest exchange rates. You have 15 minutes to pay the exact amount shown. You can either scan the QR code, or transfer the bitcoins to the wallet address shown. Once done you may need to press the refresh icon to see that your payment is complete. Note: Any under and over payments will prevent us from processing your order correctly. Please contact customer services in this case to ensure that your bitcoins are returned to you. Now your payment is complete, the Bitcoin network will confirm your transaction. We require six confirmations within one hour of payment for your order will be processed, this may affect our ability to despatch your order on that day. Should your order not reach six confirmations within an hour then your payment will be declined. In such case please contact our payments team for the next steps to rectify. You can provide incentive to the miners on the Bitcoin network to confirm your transaction by including a transaction fee.

http://www.scan.co.uk/info/bitcoin

Blueprint

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

good move.

and btw. formatting is messed up in night theme.

This could be considered as news. ^^

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

I know this is kinda offtopic and noob question but "how fast does bitcoin value change?"

Can they make fast enough transaction and convert to $ so the change cant affect them?

Time to start the bitcoin race.

AMD FX 6300 | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ | HITACHI ULTRASTAR 1TB 7200RPM HDD | XFX RADEON HD 7950 3GB | 8GB DDR3-1600 MUSHKIN BLACKLINE | OCZ ZT 550W 80+ BRONZE PSU | ZALMAN Z5 PLUS CASE | LITE-ON iHDS118-04 DVD/CD DRIVE | BENQ GW2255 21.5" MONITOR

Good news, with Tigerdirect, Scan, and possibly Newegg following coins are going to become much more widely adopted and acceptable virtual currency.

I know this is kinda offtopic and noob question but "how fast does bitcoin value change?"

Can they make fast enough transaction and convert to $ so the change cant affect them?

Most add a small fee ontop of that, so price paid is item value @ instantaneous or average over a short span ER + % markup + % conversion fees. This is why they have the 30 minute and 1 hour confirmation windows.

How do i move the post to the news section?

Report your post

Error: 410

good move.

and btw. formatting is messed up in night theme.

This could be considered as news. ^^

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

report to a mod.

report to a mod.

So I'm guessing they move it for me or should i just re-post it in the news section?

So I'm guessing they move it for me or should i just re-post it in the news section?

they move it for you.

report to a mod.

No need, it's a repost http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/111897-scancouk-now-accepts-bit-coins/

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Do they take it at a shitty rate like tigerdirect?

Linus talked about this on the WAN show, you are better off just converting it yourself

Or like Linus said, just convert your bitcoins to money and pay for it normally...

Do they take it at a shitty rate like tigerdirect?

Linus talked about this on the WAN show, you are  better off just converting it yourself

Tigerdirect does not use a "shitty rate" the exchange rate they use is the weighted global exchange price listed by their payment processor. Just because you see one exchange $100 above the global average doesn't mean that's the price. Similar to an exchange being $100 below the average doesn't mean they are losing money. I'm sorry but Linus was way off on this one. There is no single definitive price for Bitcoin, the price relies on the free markets supply and demand.

Or like Linus said, just convert your bitcoins to money and pay for it normally...

One of the primary reasons to use Bitcoin as a payment network is for consumer protection, It's a much more secure method of sending value. Using Bitcoin removes any and all attempts at identity theft from hacks, double charges, extra fees, hidden costs, frozen funds, reversed payments, etc. Protect your identity, don't allow a site to archive your credit card or personal information which can later be leaked, hacked, or sold.

The Bitcoin payment network also greatly benefits merchants with no charge backs, lower to no fees (payment processor may charge, if they choose to use one), and they get the money instantly with no waiting period. Compare that to credit cards or any existing payment network available.

Even if you dislike Bitcoin as a currency, it should still be used for it's payment network. Register with a local exchange and keep a small balance of your local fiat. Very similar to keeping and/or funding a broker account for stocks. When you want to make a purchase, instead of reaching for your credit card or paypal; Log into your exchange account and purchase the equivalent in Bitcoin, send the Bitcoins to a wallet you control. Then make your purchase using the secure Bitcoin network at no additional costs. All of which takes 10-20 minutes. If you don't want to wait 10 minutes, you can hold a small balance of Bitcoins on your phone or desktop wallet, but you will be susceptible to volatility by holding.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.