asus rampage iv black edition vs asus p9x79 e ws

what is the advantage of each what is better quality has better and easier to use bios i'm leaning towards the the rampage because it looks better, has the oc panel, and is a rog board but what is better i'm going to do video editing, animations, game developing, school work, gaming (more that the others), and watching youtube videos

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

get the rampage iv.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

get the rampage iv.

can you give me an explaination of why

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

can you give me an explaination of why

it's newer and Linus has reviews of both of them. Watch them.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

it's newer and Linus has reviews of both of them. Watch them.

ok

Spoiler

the p9 has all the features of the rampage iv plus workstation grade ones like ecc support or full pcie 16x 8x 8x 8x with four cards using 2 plx chips. the p9 is probably the better board overall, whereas the rampage is more gaming oriented and also looks cooler.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

the p9 has all the features of the rampage iv plus workstation grade ones like ecc support or full pcie 16x 8x 8x 8x with four cards using 2 plx chips. the p9 is probably the better board overall, whereas the rampage is more gaming oriented and also looks cooler.

ok i probably won't be doing quad sli though

Spoiler

Rampage 4 black. Sexier, much better features, better quality, lINUS SAID THAT ITS THE BEST MOBO RIGHT NOW

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Rampage 4 black. Sexier, much better features, better quality, lINUS SAID THAT ITS THE BEST MOBO RIGHT NOW

ok i'll get it if linus says its the best one out right now that i will get it

Spoiler

ok i'll get it if linus says its the best one out right now that i will get it

Well You also shoud check picture on both of them and see which looks better also, I swear you will lick the screen...

I am 100% sure you wont regret it, Just trust us. that P9x79 is like 1-2 years old hardware i think, ofc that board is so much better:D

just trust us, i want the best for you

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Well You also shoud check picture on both of them and see which looks better also, I swear you will lick the screen...

I am 100% sure you wont regret it, Just trust us. that P9x79 is like 1-2 years old hardware i think, ofc that board is so much better:D

just trust us, i want the best for you

i'v seen pictures of the black it looks awesome and goes better with the ram i'm and i doubt i'll regret it

Spoiler

i'v seen pictures of the black it looks awesome and goes better with the ram i'm and i doubt i'll regret it

great, now buy it:D

great, now buy it:D

i will once i get enough for everything

Spoiler

If u are an enthusiast i would say go for Rampage IV... :)...its one hell of a mobo...!!

If u are an enthusiast i would say go for Rampage IV... :)

i want to be one but do to my pc right now i can't be one :(  (look in my signature for the spec of my current pc) 

Spoiler

Everyone is recommending the R4E black  for no other reason then it looks "koool" and its black and is slightly newer than the WS board. -_____- seriously!?? this is a TECH forum! Not an asthetics and fashion statement forum. Also, as for Linus ever saying the Black Edition was the best board on the market, he said the same thing about the WS board when he reviewed it a couple months ago. AND he uses the WS board in his own rig. SO please try to give actual specs and real advise in correlation to the needs of the person asking about the boards. If he is going with $500 boards, he should know what he wants to use the board for.

Everyone is recommending the R4E black  for no other reason then it looks "koool" and its black and is slightly newer than the WS board. -_____- seriously!?? this is a TECH forum! Not an asthetics and fashion statement forum. Also, as for Linus ever saying the Black Edition was the best board on the market, he said the same thing about the WS board when he reviewed it a couple months ago. AND he uses the WS board in his own rig. SO please try to give actual specs and real advise in correlation to the needs of the person asking about the boards. If he is going with $500 boards, he should know what he wants to use the board for.

ok so which one would you recommend like i said in the original post i will be using it for video editing, making animations, game developing, school work, gaming (more that the others), and watching youtube videos

Spoiler

ok so which one would you recommend like i said in the original post i will be using it for video editing, making animations, game developing, school work, gaming (more that the others), and watching youtube videos

Unless you are using 3 or four graphics cards, neither. They are both a tad overkill for most users. I would go with the P9x79 deluxe and update the bios. However, if you must choose one of the two $500 boards, go with the WS one. It'll do everything the Rampage can do just as well and it has better heat sinks and overall is made closer to server grade components. Plus, once the board is in the case with ram, gpu, cpu cooler, you don't every even see the motherboard very well anyways lol.

Unless you are using 3 or four graphics cards, neither. They are both a tad overkill for most users. I would go with the P9x79 deluxe and update the bios.

well i want either the P9X79 e ws or the Rampage iv Black Edition

Spoiler

well i want either the P9X79 e ws or the Rampage iv Black Edition

Yeah i edited the post.

Yeah i edited the post.

ok

Spoiler

I seem to remember that Linus's main reason for using the WS board was because he was using a raid card that he needed compatibility with (the WS board is validated with lots of workstation oriented components such as raid cards).  

So if you are likely to be using a high-end raid card or another more demanding component, then go with the WS board.  If you just plan to run graphics/sound/networking cards (the additional networking card is probably not needed), then the R4BE will be just fine.  

You have to remember that these boards are intended for super-high-end users (balls-to-the-walls overclockers for the R4BE; and high-end video editing or other computationally demanding jobs for the WS board).  For anyone else, they are buying these boards because they want the best, or because it looks the best.  For a completely competent system for the average user, you could just as easily get the cheapest name-brand board on the market and never know the difference.  

So which one is the best? I would argue that you'd never know the difference between the two in your day-to-day usage.  

Which one looks the best? I would argue that the R4BE looks the best (I own one, so I am biased, and it is a SEXY looking motherboard).  

Conclusion: the R4BE is probably the board that you want to buy.

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

I seem to remember that Linus's main reason for using the WS board was because he was using a raid card that he needed compatibility with (the WS board is validated with lots of workstation oriented components such as raid cards).  

So if you are likely to be using a high-end raid card or another more demanding component, then go with the WS board.  If you just plan to run graphics/sound/networking cards (the additional networking card is probably not needed), then the R4BE will be just fine.  

You have to remember that these boards are intended for super-high-end users (balls-to-the-walls overclockers for the R4BE; and high-end video editing or other computationally demanding jobs for the WS board).  For anyone else, they are buying these boards because they want the best, or because it looks the best.  For a completely competent system for the average user, you could just as easily get the cheapest name-brand board on the market and never know the difference.  

So which one is the best? I would argue that you'd never know the difference between the two in your day-to-day usage.  

Which one looks the best? I would argue that the R4BE looks the best (I own one, so I am biased, and it is a SEXY looking motherboard).  

Conclusion: the R4BE is probably the board that you want to buy.

ok thanks  it also goes better with my build that i want to get and the blue on the ws board would look out of place and red goes better with black than any other color any day

Spoiler

The P9X79 e WS is the one to have but that price though.....

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

The P9X79 e WS is the one to have but that price though.....

can you give a reasoning for why

Spoiler