Scam or not?

49 minutes ago, Euchre said:

This does a few possible things, actually...

If they were attempting to reset the password to any account, and it asks for a mobile number to send the reset code to, you just allowed them to use YOUR phone to reset the password. Now YOU look like the person that stole said account. Also, the link sent could allow them to install malware to continue using your mobile number to do resets or any number of other things.

I doubt your phone provider will even notice any changes right away. Also, they may not care, as you are liable for charges made to your number, even if you're a prepaid customer - and if you use autopay, your instruments of payment will be charged, and good luck getting it back.

It would help to know the actual number or short code the 'special code' you got came from, instead of that 'QP PROMOT' that shows as the source. You'd have to read or show the raw source of the text message.

At the very least, you confirmed your mobile number for a flood of spam, which may include scams, and the people that talked to you may be getting paid per number captured to get verified numbers.

One way or another this was definitely a scam.

Never, ever give some random person your number, but especially do NOT give them a code you receive as a result. You could be helping to steal an account, and you could have to prove you weren't the one doing it.

Yikes this scared me. I accessed the link on my desktop and i don't think the malicious link is meant for desktops but still I performed a full thorugh scan of my PC and Mobile and nothing came up. 

Only time can tell now.

Youll probably get a ton of scam calls and texts now to be honest. Maybe consider changing your phone number. You could just block any scam calls or use sites like this number checker  to see if there are any other reports of it being spammy, thats what I do because even blocking them doesn't really work, they will just change their number and spoof others. Hope that helps :) 

oooh also I think you can sign up to the TPS to stop you getting scam calls!