Would a Pentium D 925 be good enough for a minecraft server?

Would a pentium d 925 @ 3Ghz be enough for a minecraft server that'll have 3 people on it max? Or would it be a laggy mess?

Thx in advance for any advice!!!

It all depends on how good that chip can handle Java and Single threaded performance.

Personally, that seems like a stretch. You can rent a server for the price of the PC's power bill tbh

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

minecraft servers love single threaded performance more than anything else, that pentium has terrible single threaded performance. Are you playing on the PC that is using this Pentium? If not, hosting the server on your personal computer will be much faster

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

11 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

minecraft servers love single threaded performance more than anything else, that pentium has terrible single threaded performance. Are you playing on the PC that is using this Pentium? If not, hosting the server on your personal computer will be much faster

No, its in a separate system but i cant run it on my own pc, would a core 2 duo or quad be better?

15 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

A q6600 would be a substantially better choice.

Hmm, dunno if i have any of those, I'm sourcing the parts from a bunch old pcs I have, and core 2 duo recommendations? (Since their more common)

21 minutes ago, TheOriginalGolem said:

No, its in a separate system but i cant run it on my own pc, would a core 2 duo or quad be better?

anything with a higher clock speed serves as a better server. the cheapest core 2 duo or core 2 quad with better performance that you can find is superior. It likes a ton of ram too.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

anything with a higher clock speed serves as a better server. the cheapest core 2 duo or core 2 quad with better performance that you can find is superior. It likes a ton of ram too.

Ok, thx for the advice!!!

Just now, Genwyn said:

Pretty much anything

the pD 925 is one of the better pentium D’s, but it’s completely outclassed by any Core2duo

Common ones would be E7400’s, E6700’s, or E8400’s at the newer end.

Anything similar works 

Thx for the tips, i think i actually have a E7400 lying around somewhere...

Ive hosted a minecraft vanilla server once on my old HP computer with an athlon 2600+ and it was a decent experience for just one player, so youre probably good...