Insane CPU Power Draw with new Mainboard.

K0NG

i ran a Z370 TUF Pro Gaming (same VRM as the ROG Strix Z370 H) with my 8086k (5.1 Ghz /5 Ghz Cache) for 10 months and every powerlimit and current limit was maxed out all the time.

without any kind throttling or thermal differences my 8086k in HWINFO64 consumed around 135 to 145w in Cinebench R20 and around 150w in Aida64 Extreme. (again. no throttling or avx offset/limitations with identical scores in all benchmarks and games.)

now i bought a Z390 Extreme4 and use the exact same VCore (1.376v and 1.36v under load with max LLC to not drop below that 1.36v) which is exactly the same as the TUF Z370 (LLC level 7 at 1.376v with vdroop to 1.36v)

but now my powerdraw in Cinebench R20 on the CPU is at around 185W and in AIDA64 over 200W.

is there an issue with the readings? is the VCore maybe higher than CPUz, the bios and HWINFO tells me?

CPU Temperatures are more or less the same (around 65-70°C)

Probably difference in the sensors, the power draw is of course the same if temperatures are same

Probably faulty/different method is used for calculation, if you had more current going through that cpu temps would be noticeably higher. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Janne said:

Probably difference in the sensors, the power draw is of course the same if temperatures are same

and which one could be the correct one?
the z390 Extreme4 or the cheap old Mainstream TUF Pro Gaming.

140w with no AVX offset was a bit low if you ask me (when i compare that to results from other users)

1 minute ago, K0NG said:

and which one could be the correct one?
the z390 Extreme4 or the cheap old Mainstream TUF Pro Gaming.

140w with no AVX offset was a bit low if you ask me (when i compare that to results from other users)

Yes 140 W can't be correct, it's higher