Which RAM brands are good?

Go to solution Solved by boey,
7 minutes ago, Wictorian said:

Pretty much yes. Just buy the highest supported frequency and the lowest price, but use quad channel if possible,

You mean dual channel. Quad channel is only available on higher end chipsets that are meant for workstation(if i'm not wrong X299 is quad channel)

Mainstream Ryzen and Intel CPUs(ie Ryzen 7 or i7 etc.) are dual channel. Most motherboards have 4 ram slots, so you'll have 2 ram slots per channel.

There is no significant advantage of using up all slots of RAM compared to only 2, besides aesthetic reasons. So essentially, OP should just get the cheapest 2666MHz kit that has 2 sticks of RAM(ie 16GB kit should be 2x8, 8GB kit should be 2x4GB)

I'd recommend 16GB if @Mchedlo is unsure of capacity

Hello guys. I would like to know which RAM brands are reliable and good?

I want to buy DDR4 2666 ram. My motherboard is B365M-pro4 which supports maximum 2666mhz memory. 

I dont want top notch RAMs. More of budget type :)

btw is it ok to use maximum frequency rams on mobo?

GPU: RTX 3060Ti 8GB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz  

Mobo: B450M-K

Keyboard: Logitech G915

Mouse: Logitch G502 HERO Lightspeed

Audio: BeyerDynamic Tygr 300R

Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory (RAM) Module (from above link)

most ram brands(corsair, gskill etc) get ram from a few manufacturers(sk hynix, micron, samsung for example. idk if there's more). So essentially, they're all mostly fine. Just look for the cheapest 2666MHz kit that doesn't have a ridiculously high CAS latency. What online shops do you want to use to buy?

3 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

most ram brands(corsair, gskill etc) get ram from a few manufacturers(sk hynix, micron, samsung for example. idk if there's more). So essentially, they're all mostly fine. Just look for the cheapest 2666MHz kit that doesn't have a ridiculously high CAS latency. What online shops do you want to use to buy?

Pretty much yes. Just buy the highest supported frequency and the lowest price, but use quad channel if possible,

7 minutes ago, Wictorian said:

You mean dual channel. Quad channel is only available on higher end chipsets that are meant for workstation(if i'm not wrong X299 is quad channel)

Mainstream Ryzen and Intel CPUs(ie Ryzen 7 or i7 etc.) are dual channel. Most motherboards have 4 ram slots, so you'll have 2 ram slots per channel.

There is no significant advantage of using up all slots of RAM compared to only 2, besides aesthetic reasons. So essentially, OP should just get the cheapest 2666MHz kit that has 2 sticks of RAM(ie 16GB kit should be 2x8, 8GB kit should be 2x4GB)

2 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Well yeah but you will see the difference if you watch an fps test on youtube

I would go with corsair, trident, or Kingston. Top ram. easy.

21 minutes ago, Wictorian said:

Well yeah but you will see the difference if you watch an fps test on youtube

Between 2 and 4 sticks of RAM? On a dual channel CPU? Interesting, please enlighten me on this. Maybe you could send me a link to any video that shows this? First time I've heard this.

I believe that board only has dual channel support anyway, so he's probably not going to see a performance improvement with identical capacities between 2xDIMMs vs. 4xDIMMs, all things equal. 

5 hours ago, _d0nut said:

Amazon or newegg. Im thinking about HyperX or G skill ripjaws. They have same latencies 

Thank you mates for the info! Much appreciated:) im buying 16gb(2x8gb) i will choose between Kingston corsair and g skill. Depending on latency and price:)

2 hours ago, Mchedlo said:

Thank you mates for the info! Much appreciated:) im buying 16gb(2x8gb) i will choose between Kingston corsair and g skill. Depending on latency and price:)

g skill trident z is georgeous