First PC Build, around$1500 for build +$300 for monitor

Novatron

I have done some research for my first PC build and have came up with this build: 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gXsBb8

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($327.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($199.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Pioneer APS-SE20G 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($239.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card  ($419.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG ATX Mid Tower Case  ($90.00 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Formula Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($82.07 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Deepcool RF 120 (3 in 1) 56.5 CFM 120 mm Fans  ($32.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1477.80

I plan on using this build for gaming and streaming with games like Apex Legends, Rainbow Six Siege, COD:MW and also graphic intensive games like Witcher 3, Far Cry 5, Shadow of Tomb Raider, etc. I will also want to be able to record the game play. I would prefer to be gaming on a 2560x1440p 144Hz monitor and to run on graphics on high. Since this is my first build, I do not know much in part/component compatibility so any advice on this would be appreciated. I was also wondering if $300 is viable for the monitor I want. I will be buying the parts from Black Friday through Christmas/New Years. One specific thing for my build is the PSU and motherboard compatibility. It is showing an incompatibility but I am not sure if it will affect my build. Also I am still deciding on  a GPU in terms of RTX 2060 Super or RX 5700 xt.

All feedback is appreciated and thanks for looking! :)

I'm pretty much in the exact situation you are; this is the build I came up with for my first gaming PC around the same price point:

18 minutes ago, Novatron said:

Since this is my first build, I do not know much in part/component compatibility so any advice on this would be appreciated.

Not bad. I think it'll work. Though, unless you're specifically going for RGB case fans or you want extra fans, your case does include two fans: one preinstalled in the front and one in the back.

Also, if you want, you can save a little money by going for a B450 board. Some B450 boards may require a BIOS update for Ryzen 3000 CPUs. If this is the case, your motherboard manufacturer may be able to allow you to RMA the board, or you can get AMD to loan you a CPU to be used to update the BIOS. Some boards also have a processor-less BIOS updating option like the MSI B450 Tomahawk. Many motherboard manufacturers will indicate this on their website if their board supports this feature, plus you can download a PDF of the manual.

I was also wondering if $300 is viable for the monitor I want. I will be buying the parts from Black Friday through Christmas/New Years.

You can find monitors that are 1440p 144 Hz that cost around $300. Make sure to check reviews for those.

One specific thing for my build is the PSU and motherboard compatibility. It is showing an incompatibility but I am not sure if it will affect my build.

What is? I don't see anything that would make it incompatible.

Also I am still deciding on  a GPU in terms of RTX 2060 Super or RX 5700 xt.

If you need RTX features, get the RTX 2060 Super. Otherwise, if you care more about performance, get the RX 5700 XT.

2 minutes ago, Kavawuvi said:

What is? I don't see anything that would make it incompatible.

I believe this is what he's talking about, which is not exactly an incompatibility as he described:

The Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the BitFenix Formula Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it.

36 minutes ago, chowbaaron said:

I believe this is what he's talking about, which is not exactly an incompatibility as he described:

Oh! I see. Then yeah, I'd get the RMx PSU as you suggested. You definitely don't want to spend $82 on a "probably" here.

4 minutes ago, Kavawuvi said:

Oh! I see. Then yeah, I'd get the RMx PSU as you suggested. You definitely don't want to spend $82 on a "probably" here.

Thanks for the advice!

Would this work too for the PSU? I just chose the same one but with higher Watts: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Tsbkcf/bitfenix-formula-gold-750w-80-gold-certified-atx-power-supply-bp-fm750ulag-7r 

Also what are the RTX features? I think I am leaning towards a RX 5700tx but im curious about that.

14 minutes ago, Kavawuvi said:

the extra 4-pin isn't needed, none of the ryzen CPUs eat enough power to require the extra 4-pin.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($327.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Constellation ES 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card  ($499.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Acer ED7 34.0" 3440x1440 100 Hz Monitor  ($399.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $1787.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-30 01:18 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W