Cloning a Nearly dead Hard Drive

My username is quite ironic. Currently cloning about 160 Gb from a nearly dead hard drive from a very old optiplex to a new Kingston  SATA SSD, how long should I expect this to take because I cannot be in the location this is occuring all night and the Hard drive is currently hovering around 5-10 Mb/s on resource monitor. 

4 minutes ago, BrokenHardDrive said:

My username is quite ironic. Currently cloning about 160 Gb from a nearly dead hard drive from a very old optiplex to a new Kingston  SATA SSD, how long should I expect this to take because I cannot be in the location this is occuring all night and the Hard drive is currently hovering around 5-10 Mb/s on resource monitor. 

It could finish up within an hour, or continue trying to copy for weeks until the failing hardware inside the drive finally dies.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

You're unlikely to get a usable image off that drive. Better off just pulling what ever files you need off of it before it completely dies. Are you sure it's not MB/s? Either way that's a snails pace.  

5 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

You're unlikely to get a usable image off that drive. Better off just pulling what ever files you need off of it before it completely dies. Are you sure it's not MB/s? Either way that's a snails pace.  

Already have all the important files off, just don't wanna be here all night to baby this thing along. But it's been going for 10 minutes and its at 2% so gonna be here a while lol

6 minutes ago, BrokenHardDrive said:

Already have all the important files off, just don't wanna be here all night to baby this thing along. But it's been going for 10 minutes and its at 2% so gonna be here a while lol

As long as you already got everything off of it then it doesn't hurt to try cloning it. No one here can give you an accurate estimate of how long this will take, the drive is limping along and it may not finish at all. GL

1 minute ago, Ehmc130 said:

As long as you already got everything off of it then it doesn't hurt to try cloning it. No one here can give you an accurate estimate of how long this will take, the drive is limping along and it may not finish at all. 

Just curious if anyone had done anything similar to give me some hope of finishing this quickly,but its moving about a 1% per minute now so I think I should be alright.