PS suddenly laggy

Heyo,

Just today, I suddenly noticed that when I open an image in Photoshop it sometimes become jumpy and laggy. When handling images that have huge file sizes, it normally slows down but never jumpy. It's like stutter-stepping for me and it just started happening today.

The only thing I could think of that could have affected this was my recent update to Nvidia driver but I can't say for sure. It only happens when I have something open in Photoshop too. 

you mention big size, this could mean that you have problems with ram? storage? perhaps a filter or effect you are using realy maxes out your resources?

what specs do you have? ram, cpu, gpu, sd/storage

50 minutes ago, Saksham said:

re-install drivers?

re-install photoshop?

Tried that, no obvious improvements to me.

18 minutes ago, goto10 said:

you mention big size, this could mean that you have problems with ram? storage? perhaps a filter or effect you are using realy maxes out your resources?

what specs do you have? ram, cpu, gpu, sd/storage

I don't think I'm anywhere near maxing out my resources.

I have 32gb ram r7 1700 cpu, rtx 2080, and my current scratch disk has 1tb of free space. And yes, I have adjusted the performance settings to use up around 18gb of ram if necessary.

image.png.eedccd230d2a391d6f36482024711972.png

It's not just big sizes, even on images that are less than 10mb it sometimes stutters.

then i would start by doing a reinstall of ps, or even windows, check also ram for problems to discard, check temperatures on the cpu, to see if perhaps the filters are the problem before reinstalling ps or windows

1 minute ago, goto10 said:

then i would start by doing a reinstall of ps, or even windows, check also ram for problems to discard, check temperatures on the cpu, to see if perhaps the filters are the problem before reinstalling ps or windows

I will try to re-install ps again. I don't think it's any of the filters, i don't use them anyway and any editing that i do are very minimal - change size, add a few lines/text etc.