Custom Laptops

LucasTheGuy

I know it can suck (custmm laptops) but i never had a laptop that 'survived' more then 2 years so is it worth it?

http://www.xnotebooks.nl/13-14-notebooks/firefly-hw13-13inch-gaming-laptop-notebook-gtx765m-hd4600-optimus-w230st.html

And you can fight about the fact that pc's are better thatn laptops i know

(Is this in the right in Tech and News?)

This should be under consumer electronics>mobile devices.

Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

I find myself gaming in *unconditioned* environment to be not optimal, if you are a person who enjoy gaming just about anywhere and have the money sure why not?

What's so special about the one in the link?

A lot of companies have been making custom laptops for years now.

{B t t tk Pf t B t t tk Pf tk B Pf} <--- This is my language. BEATBOXING FOR LIFE!

i hope my laptop goes for more than 2 years... or that i have enough money to build a custom rig. hehe

no discrete gpu? do they expect you to use a shitty intel integrated chip for that price?

no discrete gpu? do they expect you to use a shitty intel integrated chip for that price?

Much read? It does have a discrete GPU. As for the laptop, I can't judge the price since Euros don't translate well when it comes to technology, but there doesn't seem to be anything special about the hardware, and customized versions are usually more expensive than just getting a pre-built laptop with the specs you want.

Try XMG maybe? They look promising http://www.mysn.eu/shop/xmg-p303.html

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Laptops for the most part are you get you what you pay for. My Asus g73 is 3 yrs old now, and the only issue i have had with it is my blueray drive quit burning disks. It still reads fine so for now i am not going to bother replacing the drive. I don't use it a whole lot anyway, but I would like to be able to burn cds for playing in my truck again. I would also like to be able to make dvd slide shows for people when I take pictures for them again, but I will just throw in an optical drive in my new computer for that.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

What's so special about the one in the link?

A lot of companies have been making custom laptops for years now.

Beacause its in AZERTY

Much read? It does have a discrete GPU. As for the laptop, I can't judge the price since Euros don't translate well when it comes to technology, but there doesn't seem to be anything special about the hardware, and customized versions are usually more expensive than just getting a pre-built laptop with the specs you want.

If you pimp it to the max then itd about 1300$

This isnt news....

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

all my laptops have survived 5+ years, not even one of mine have died yet

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

all my laptops have survived 5+ years, not even one of mine have died yet

I think he means before their hardware becomes obsolete.

I think he means before their hardware becomes obsolete.

maybe but laptops become obsolete in months

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

So laptops are shit ( i knew that) but is this one too?

Wow, you can even choose thermal paste  :lol: 

It's because modular laptops have been abandoned T_T

{B t t tk Pf t B t t tk Pf tk B Pf} <--- This is my language. BEATBOXING FOR LIFE!