New Keyboard Suggestion

James Day

Hi guys, I'm looking for a new mechanical keyboard that I can do my school work with and also game with. Right now I'm looking at the Logitech G Pro Keyboard, as well as the Ducky One 2 TKL. What do you guys suggest, and do you have any other options that you like and why? (I don't really care about the difference in switches as long as it is comfortable to type on (has to be mechanical and RGB of course) and is TKL and under the price of around $100) Thank you for your help!

My Keyboard is the best i ever had for Gaming. Its not good for typing tho.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

My Keyboard is the best i ever had for Gaming. Its not good for typing tho.

what is it and why is it not good for typing? are the keys too soft? 

2 minutes ago, James Day said:

what is it and why is it not good for typing? are the keys too soft? 

Its in my sig. Logitech G910. The Buttons are curved.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I have the original ducky one tkl, works great.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

15 minutes ago, James Day said:

I don't really care about the difference in switches as long as it is comfortable to type on (has to be mechanical and RGB of course

I just got a "Redragon K551" for work, its pretty nice for 30 bucks Link. They have an RGB model. The keyboard is low end, but it doesn't suck.

If you are going for the Logitech G Pro keyboard (Which is unlikely to be less than $100 at least where I'm at) you should get the newer version the Logitech G Pro X since its basically the same keyboard but with swappable switches. The Romer-G switches is quite fragile if you game hard with it, and I had my G413 fail on me after just 9 months of usage.

Edit : I'm currently using the Tecware phantom 87. It's quite great but I would recommend you to actually change all the switches to gaterons or anything thats not outemu since they're kinda crap. https://www.amazon.com/Tecware-Phantom-Mechanical-Keyboard-Outemu/dp/B079HTZQYV

7 minutes ago, Kiiro said:

If you are going for the Logitech G Pro keyboard (Which is unlikely to be less than $100 at least where I'm at) you should get the newer version the Logitech G Pro X since its basically the same keyboard but with swappable switches. The Romer-G switches is quite fragile if you game hard with it, and I had my G413 fail on me after just 9 months of usage.

Edit : I'm currently using the Tecware phantom 87. It's quite great but I would recommend you to actually change all the switches to gaterons or anything thats not outemu since they're kinda crap. https://www.amazon.com/Tecware-Phantom-Mechanical-Keyboard-Outemu/dp/B079HTZQYV

I use Romer G with the G910 since Release for Years now without any Problems.

I use Romer G with the G910 since Release for Years now without any Problems.

Well it may depend on the usage. My G413 had 2 switches with broken stems. 

3 minutes ago, Kiiro said:

Well it may depend on the usage. My G413 had 2 switches with broken stems. 

Daily usage for Years. I doubt romer g is the problem here.

Daily usage for Years. I doubt romer g is the problem here.

Well my problem is with the keycap stems, they broke pretty easily. Considering what I use them for.

Edit: the keyboard also started chattering a few days ago, which is why Im switching to a brand new keyboard :/ might just be an issue with mine

Just now, Kiiro said:

Well my problem is with the keycap stems, they broke pretty easily. Considering what I use them for.

Dont know..all i use the buttons for is, pressing them down. Worked fine so far.

Dont know..all i use the buttons for is, pressing them down. Worked fine so far.

Well they broke quite easily when you use them to farm on rhythm games. By that I mean "Osu"

Just now, Kiiro said:

Well they broke quite easily when you use them to farm on rhythm games

Dont know wtf a rhythm game is. My Keayboard works for years in heavy constant gaming. Nothing left to say.