Android to iOs

Boinbo

I moved from android to iOS, can someone help me get around software please!? I’m confused because it’s so different!

I lurk 

HP Spectre x360 13t late 2019
Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

3 minutes ago, Boinbo said:

I moved from android to iOS, can someone help me get around software please!? I’m confused because it’s so different!

It is a matter of preference.  I wouldn't touch apple stuff, none of it including their phone.  Android is better and friendlier imo.  Right now I have a Pixel 3a and it blows away my old Samsung and is eons ahead of the newest Samsung and Apple phones as its camera pownz them all.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

2 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

It is a matter of preference.  I wouldn't touch apple stuff, none of it including their phone.  Android is better and friendlier imo.  Right now I have a Pixel 3a and it blows away my old Samsung and is eons ahead of the newest Samsung and Apple phones as its camera pownz them all.

Uhh, I already moved dude. I’m confused by the software, not asking for an opinion on which is more user friendly. Sorry if it sounded mean

I lurk 

Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

I've been using iOS for almost 10 years. What specifically about iOS are you having trouble understanding?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

4 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

I've been using iOS for almost 10 years. What specifically about iOS are you having trouble understanding?

Well, they keyboard layout is a bit funky, swiping up and down show different things, and I don’t know what they are

I lurk 

Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

45 minutes ago, Boinbo said:

Well, they keyboard layout is a bit funky

I'm assuming you're referring to the fact that the numbers are no longer on the top of the letters. It's something you will get used to over time quite easily, so don't worry too much about it.

48 minutes ago, Boinbo said:

swiping up and down show different things

Again, something that will take some time to get used to. And believe me, the options you get with swiping down from the top of Android are way more complicated than iOS.

49 minutes ago, Boinbo said:

and I don’t know what they are

Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls

Remove stuff that you think is unnecessary and/or confusing. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 hour ago, Boinbo said:

Reading over Apple's iPhone User Guide or booking an appointment at their Genius Bar will be your best options.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/iphone/welcome/ios

image.png.2fbba579ec90167c9286ab4d55e83b99.png

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Just go on YouTube, you'll find any of your questions answered there. The easiest way to get use to a new OS is simple, use it, if you have a question along the way Google is your best friend. 

2 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

Just go on YouTube, you'll find any of your questions answered there. The easiest way to get use to a new OS is simple, use it, if you have a question along the way Google is your best friend. 

This

Won’t visit often..

Thanks everybody, will do!

I lurk 

Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

I'd like to ask why you changed platform?

If you don't generally see the similarities between how the various platforms work, it is usually best to stay on the one you've found easiest to learn and are then accustomed to.

7 hours ago, Euchre said:

I'd like to ask why you changed platform?

If you don't generally see the similarities between how the various platforms work, it is usually best to stay on the one you've found easiest to learn and are then accustomed to.

Ahh, so, I had a one plus 7 pro, but it was my dad’s. He gave it to me because he wanted to try a compact phone. But he didn’t like the idea of giving me an expensive phone, so I have an iPhone 6s now.

I lurk 

Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

6 hours ago, Boinbo said:

But he didn’t like the idea of giving me an expensive phone, so I have an iPhone 6s now.

So instead of giving you something like a J series Samsung, he gives you a phone that costs 1.5-2.5x as much.

7 minutes ago, Euchre said:

So instead of giving you something like a J series Samsung, he gives you a phone that costs 1.5-2.5x as much.

Guy's gotta have some standards.

2 hours ago, Euchre said:

He already bought it for himself, and gave me the 7 pro. We switched.

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

Guy's gotta have some standards.

Haha facts

I lurk 

Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite