Need to upgrade GPU need suggestion

Atinesh
Go to solution Solved by Himommies,
2 minutes ago, MartinIAm said:

If you need more vram and are not worried about performance that much, consider getting something like the Sapphire Nitro+ rx 570 8gb (they go used on ebay for around $100) But if you want more performance than that then the GTX 1070 would be okay.

Don't go for a AMD card for like AI stuff. The support for AMD just isn't there yet last I head. Just go with the 1070

Hello folks I build my PC last year with the following configuration

PC Part picker

I need to upgrade GPU which has at least 8GB VRAM. I don’t intend to spend lot of money, so I was thinking to get used GTX 1070 from eBay.

But is my system configuration ok for GTX 1070 ?

Note: 

• I am not into too much gaming, I need this upgrade for Deep Learning research
  • I am also upgrading PSU to Corsiar TX650m

6 minutes ago, Atinesh said:

Hello folks I build my PC last year with the following configuration

PC Part picker

I need to upgrade GPU which has at least 8GB VRAM. I don’t intend to spend lot of money, so I was thinking to get used GTX 1070 from eBay.

But is my system configuration ok for GTX 1070 ?

Note: 

• I am not into too much gaming, I need this upgrade for Deep Learning research
  • I am also upgrading PSU to Corsiar TX650m

If you need more vram and are not worried about performance that much, consider getting something like the Sapphire Nitro+ rx 570 8gb (they go used on ebay for around $100) But if you want more performance than that then the GTX 1070 would be okay.

2 minutes ago, MartinIAm said:

Don't go for a AMD card for like AI stuff. The support for AMD just isn't there yet last I head. Just go with the 1070

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

Don't go for a AMD card for like AI stuff.

My bad. I haven't recently used AI stuff on AMD cards. (I recently switched from a GTX 1050 ti)

1 hour ago, MartinIAm said:

My bad. I haven't recently used AI stuff on AMD cards. (I recently switched from a GTX 1050 ti)

Yeah AMD is leading behind in AI. Couple of years ago I had a laptop with AMD GPU (4GB), I looked around everywhere and found out I cannot run deep learning models on AMD card. I was a newbie in AI back then, later I decided to build my PC which is mentioned above. Now I need to upgrade GPU as 4gb is not enough to run big models.