in-ear headphones

alex gary

hi guys can anyone tell is there a shop in Ontario which have variety of headphones .

12 hours ago, guriqbal singh said:

hi guys can anyone tell is there a shop in Ontario which have variety of headphones .

Visions Electronics. Just go there. It’s the most underrated place on the planet for audio gear and TVs. They sell old stock at damn good prices. Lookout for KEF and NAD headphones. 

On 10/24/2019 at 6:36 PM, guriqbal singh said:

Long and mcquade has a decent selection to try. And if you want to try higher end stuff like audeze and Focal headfoneshop I'm Toronto is pretty cool

17 hours ago, kokakolia said:

Visions Electronics. Just go there. It’s the most underrated place on the planet for audio gear and TVs. They sell old stock at damn good prices. Lookout for KEF and NAD headphones. 

Considering the price KEF and NAD headphone again for typically you can probably do better than them

7 hours ago, rice guru said:

Considering the price KEF and NAD headphone again for typically you can probably do better than them

Just find a better headphone than the NAD HP50 for $100. NAD and KEF headphones get discounted so hard because nobody cares about them. I mean just go on the Visions Electronics website and you’ll know what I mean.  

2 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Just find a better headphone than the NAD HP50 for $100. NAD and KEF headphones get discounted so hard because nobody cares about them. I mean just go on the Visions Electronics website and you’ll know what I mean.  

I'm Canada at least the NAD hp59 costs about the same as importing a hd 58x , or buying a dt 770 ,. Or a one more triple driver over ear headphone which to me are better.

7 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I'm Canada at least the NAD hp59 costs about the same as importing a hd 58x , or buying a dt 770 ,. Or a one more triple driver over ear headphone which to me are better.

You’re wrong

Further, the KEF M100 is an incredible IEM for $68 Canuck doll-hairs: 

23 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

You’re wrong

Further, the KEF M100 is an incredible IEM for $68 Canuck doll-hairs: 

lol you can look up the price and wheat it competes with and to me those are better headphones.  they may be great IEMs but the IEM space has changed a lot recently as they not compete with the like of KZ zs10 pro Tin t2, and Blon O3 which are also incredible deals. only thing KEf really impressed me with are speakers and never headphones or IEMs. they don't even have detacheble cables which to me is essetial fr any IEM that isn't wireless above $30 yet on amazon.ca they sell for $150. I am more on board with the NAD hp 50 for a $100 being an amazong deal.as it is a great headphone but to me th ehd 58x for however much to import it is a better deal. the best deal is KSC 75's for $25 or KP 30 i for $40 when they are in stock

4 hours ago, rice guru said:

lol you can look up the price and wheat it competes with and to me those are better headphones.  they may be great IEMs but the IEM space has changed a lot recently as they not compete with the like of KZ zs10 pro Tin t2, and Blon O3 which are also incredible deals. only thing KEf really impressed me with are speakers and never headphones or IEMs. they don't even have detacheble cables which to me is essetial fr any IEM that isn't wireless above $30 yet on amazon.ca they sell for $150. I am more on board with the NAD hp 50 for a $100 being an amazong deal.as it is a great headphone but to me th ehd 58x for however much to import it is a better deal. the best deal is KSC 75's for $25 or KP 30 i for $40 when they are in stock

You kinda highlight the issue of the audiophile circle! Everyone agrees with each other. I wanna see discourse over which headphone is better, but instead everyone agrees without any thought that some models like HD58x are the best. I personally own the KEF m100 and NAD HP 50 and LOVE them. They're smooth AF, with a nice tiny little bump in the bass. But I could see why they're so unpopular. They're just kinda boring... People want more edge in their treble because "detail" is the name of the game. I just wanna chill to my tunes and get very annoyed when tinny cymbal crashes take the front stage over everything else. So Beyerdynamic, Grado and KZ aren't my cup of tea. NAD and KEF are my sweet spot. 

IMHO, the best deal on the planet is a $10 exciter speaker glued onto a board of very thin, very lightweight plywood. Heck, even a piece of cardboard will have great results. Hang that board under your ceiling with a fishing wire. Unfortunately, you'll also need a speaker cable, an amp and something to hookup an audio source like a DAC or Bluetooth receiver. But you can find cheap Chinese amps under $50... The whole setup can be had under $100 and will blow your mind! I spent more on KZ earphones which sounded like screaming pigs, the treble was so bad. Bluetooth speakers around $100 have overblown bass and shouty highs. 

Also, the treble on the KSC75 is just... too harsh! I much prefer the similarly priced JVC S150 "flats". They're just smoother and more balanced, at the expense of detail and soundstage. 

Ultimately, my opinions don't matter much. I'm not the most knowledgeable and the most agreeable person out there. I just want to experience things myself before jumping to conclusions.  

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

You kinda highlight the issue of the audiophile circle! Everyone agrees with each other. I wanna see discourse over which headphone is better, but instead everyone agrees without any thought that some models like HD58x are the best. I personally own the KEF m100 and NAD HP 50 and LOVE them. They're smooth AF, with a nice tiny little bump in the bass. But I could see why they're so unpopular. They're just kinda boring... People want more edge in their treble because "detail" is the name of the game. I just wanna chill to my tunes and get very annoyed when tinny cymbal crashes take the front stage over everything else. So Beyerdynamic, Grado and KZ aren't my cup of tea. NAD and KEF are my sweet spot. 

IMHO, the best deal on the planet is a $10 exciter speaker glued onto a board of very thin, very lightweight plywood. Heck, even a piece of cardboard will have great results. Hang that board under your ceiling with a fishing wire. Unfortunately, you'll also need a speaker cable, an amp and something to hookup an audio source like a DAC or Bluetooth receiver. But you can find cheap Chinese amps under $50... The whole setup can be had under $100 and will blow your mind! I spent more on KZ earphones which sounded like screaming pigs, the treble was so bad. Bluetooth speakers around $100 have overblown bass and shouty highs. 

Also, the treble on the KSC75 is just... too harsh! I much prefer the similarly priced JVC S150 "flats". They're just smoother and more balanced, at the expense of detail and soundstage. 

Ultimately, my opinions don't matter much. I'm not the most knowledgeable and the most agreeable person out there. I just want to experience things myself before jumping to conclusions.  

True I do have a tendency if you look at my gear to like sharp things. But I find the 58x to be extremely smooth. To me for the best I have $10 to spend the Sony mh 755 are the best. I do agree with your opinion of the kz I just suggested them because I know where people are coming from when they say they are great but to me are Abit too sharp and prefer the more laid back tin t2 or blon o3

I have no doubt in my mind that the Sennheiser HD58x is smooth. I had the Sennheiser HD558 which I liked a lot. I know that HD58x is unrelated, but the Sennheiser sound is something a like. If only the brand would go on sale more often!