Streaming Service Mixer Acquires Michael “Shroud” Grzesiek, Joins Ninja in Exclusivity Deal

jiyeon

Everything else may be a extra reason but yeah money is a moving factor, I mean understandable on such scale. Does a streamer or his viewer care what's the name of website they're on in the end? Little difference if steamer is satisfied. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, Tegos said:

It basically boils down to "Company doesn't care about streamer, so streamer shouldn't care about company" 

I more or less agree with what you're saying, but there are caveats to it, as always.  We saw an article a short while ago that Mixer's move on Ninja helped bring more streamers over to its platform, but not a huge surge in viewers.  The big streamers that get courted by Mixer (or Facebook) probably don't care if the viewer base is there because they're getting paid directly by MS or Facebook.  Until their contract runs out.  Then it's time for contract renewal and re-negotiation.  The risk here is that if the viewers don't also follow, en mass, the streamer could see the aforementioned companies change their mind.  The companies may see the streamers as expensive overhead that aren't adding to the bottom line and cut them.

I can't emphasize the word MAY enough.  I'm not saying it WILL happen.  Just that it's a business risk.

Twitch is where the viewers are.  Twitch is like several millions of folks staring blankly at their television sets trying to find something to watch.  Ninja disappears?  The viewers will change the channel.  Shroud's gone?  The viewers will do it again.  But the whole time, they're still staring at that television versus looking at a different source of media for consumption.

I don't know this for a fact, but I assume the folks at Amazon were/are smart enough to leave the partnerships of these abandoning streamers intact for two reasons:

• Subscribers who haven't realized their favorite streamers are gone are still blindly paying $5/month.  Amazon gets a slice of that.
  • If the partnership stays intact, it's far more enticing for the big guys to come back, should their new gigs not work out as expected.

Ultimately, competition is good.  Twitch/Amazon is a juggernaut with poor stream quality, silly contractual requirements, and ridiculously low bandwidth allowances.  With any luck, MS can wake Amazon up and get them to reconsider some of the restrictions that are on Twitch streamers.  But I'm not counting on it.

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

9 hours ago, Thaldor said:

Has Twitch ever been something else than a soft-core chaturbate? Like I remember the time you fell asleep for few minutes or drank the hardests drug ever and got intoxiated by coffee and got banned while it was completely ok to just roll some video, seem like playing and show a little ta-tas ("accidentaly" when wearing just "normal cozy" clothes) and collect the money away.

wasn't really that deep into twitch back then other than to watch a french guy that mostly played and reviewed mmorpgs for a french game site, but i've seen the rise of covered tittystreamers mostly after the introduction of irl

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>