Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

28 minutes ago, Juular said:

Seasonic Focus FX/FM had compatibility issues with GTX970 Strix, screen flickering, black screen IIRC, not shutdown. How it happens ? It shuts down completely and you need to cycle the PSU to start the PC again or it just restarts ?

black screen and all software stop working when full-loading the gpu, for two times (playing apex legends)

but i don't know whether pc restarts by itself or I have to press the power button to restart it

cuz after black screen, I pressed the power button to restart it immediately for both two times

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kkzyzzzz said:

black screen and all software stop working when full-loading the gpu, for two times (playing apex legends)

but i don't know whether pc restarts by itself or I have to press the power button to restart it

cuz after black screen, I pressed the power button to restart it immediately for both two times

Then that's not an issue Seasonic Focus FX/FM is known for as in that case it should've been latched. Have you connected the GPU with two cables or just one ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Juular said:

Then that's not an issue Seasonic Focus FX/FM is known for as in that case it should've been latched. Have you connected the GPU with two cables or just one ?

one, cuz 970 strix only requires 1x8pins

Link to post
Share on other sites

@kkzyzzzz Can you test this GPU in another system of with another PSU ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Juular said:

@kkzyzzzz Can you test this GPU in another system of with another PSU ?

I don't have another system to test my 970 strix 😢

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kkzyzzzz said:

I don't have another system to test my 970 strix 😢

What PSU you had before ASUS Strix and what's happened to it ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Juular said:

What PSU you had before ASUS Strix and what's happened to it ?

Previous one is antec hcg 620 and it still alive

i buy strix psu because the old one have not power for three 7.2k rpm hdd

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, kkzyzzzz said:

Previous one is antec hcg 620 and it still alive

i buy strix psu because the old one have not power for three 7.2k rpm hdd

And you didn't have any problems with it ? How long it were used with this GPU ? Try to swap it back to see if problem persists.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi, planning on getting the cougar gx-f aurum tommorow. any thoughts if i should go for it or wait out more reviews? it's a pretty new PSU isn;t it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone, so I bought a EVGA BR 600 for my Ryzen 5 3600 and MSI RX 5700 MECH OC build, and everyone is saying that this PSU is bad, what are your thoughts? Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, senyortaco said:

hi, planning on getting the cougar gx-f aurum tommorow. any thoughts if i should go for it or wait out more reviews? it's a pretty new PSU isn;t it? 

It's a good PSU, don't worry.

4 minutes ago, Vermor24 said:

Hey everyone, so I bought a EVGA BR 600 for my Ryzen 5 3600 and MSI RX 5700 MECH OC build, and everyone is saying that this PSU is bad, what are your thoughts? Thanks.

It's not that bad but for RX5700 i'd get smth better, although if you've already got it and can't return, well, be it.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Juular said:

It's a good PSU, don't worry.

It's not that bad but for RX5700 i'd get smth better, although if you've already got it and can't return, well, be it.

Do you think if I get a different better PSU in like 1 or 2 months this should be fine meanwhile? I do a decent amount of editing in premiere pro and do some stuff in blender too, I'm not planning on overclocking or anything like that tho.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Vermor24 said:

Do you think if I get a different better PSU in like 1 or 2 months this should be fine meanwhile? I do a decent amount of editing in premiere pro and do some stuff in blender too, I'm not planning on overclocking or anything like that tho.

It would be fine either way.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 2:12 PM, Blueaid said:

Anyone have any thoughts on the SilverStone ET650-G? I see its currently listed as B+ tier. The specs can be found here as well, https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?area=en&pid=767

 

I've tried to do research on it myself and look into any reviews I can before I posted here but there are very little to check out. The two or three that I can find seem positive.

So yeah, I'd stay away from the SilverStone ET650-G. The fan rattles pretty loudly whenever it ramps up. Already RMA'd it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Blueaid said:

So yeah, I'd stay away from the SilverStone ET650-G. The fan rattles pretty loudly whenever it ramps up. Already RMA'd it.

Then you'd stay away from half of budget PSUs as a lot of them have Yate Loon sleeve bearing fan. It's just a random failure, it happens.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Juular said:

It's a good PSU, don't worry.

thanks sir. just ordered it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Juular said:

Then you'd stay away from half of budget PSUs as a lot of them have Yate Loon sleeve bearing fan. It's just a random failure, it happens.

Probably will just wait for Corsair PSUs to drop in price. I have a TX650V2 that's been working well for 8+ years that I'll use in the mean time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blueaid said:

Probably will just wait for Corsair PSUs to drop in price. I have a TX650V2 that's been working well for 8+ years that I'll use in the mean time.

That PSU had Yate Loon ball-bearing fan, you wouldn't find ball bearing fans in modern units often. Generally you'd want at least rifle or FDB, which are rifles for the most part anyway too, there's very few true FDB fans.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello I am building a budget build for my son. Athlon 64 x2 and a gtx 560ti. I found a thermaltake psu but I'm not sure. Toughpower Qfan 500w. PSH500V-D and the TR2 S 80+

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GreY2231 said:

Hello I am building a budget build for my son. Athlon 64 x2 and a gtx 560ti. I found a thermaltake psu but I'm not sure. Toughpower Qfan 500w. PSH500V-D

Oh my ... that's not budget system, it's ancient, he wouldn't be able to run anything, even cheapest APU system would be better. And that PSU from 2008 even if it's sealed new would be probably borderline dead by this time anyway.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an EVGA SuperNova G2 850w I got 2nd hand in 2016, rebuilding my PC with Ryzen 2 and thinking maybe I should replace it, is it likely to be ageing internally now it's at least 6 years old (they look to have been released in 2014? and I've had it switched on for most of the 4 years I've had it)

 

I'm looking at the tier list and wondering how to judge the best longevity? I guess it's impossible to test without a time machine, should I just go for any of the A+/S tier units or is the better build quality in the S tier what will give a longer life? (What's the "safe" life span anyway?)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, trif55 said:

I have an EVGA SuperNova G2 850w I got 2nd hand in 2016, rebuilding my PC with Ryzen 2 and thinking maybe I should replace it, is it likely to be ageing internally now it's at least 6 years old (they look to have been released in 2014? and I've had it switched on for most of the 4 years I've had it)

 

I'm looking at the tier list and wondering how to judge the best longevity? I guess it's impossible to test without a time machine, should I just go for any of the A+/S tier units or is the better build quality in the S tier what will give a longer life? (What's the "safe" life span anyway?)

It's fine, it's a very good unit and it has 10 yr. warranty. Keep it.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Juular said:

Oh my ... that's not budget system, it's ancient, he wouldn't be able to run anything, even cheapest APU system would be better. And that PSU from 2008 even if it's sealed new would be probably borderline dead by this time anyway.

It still runs fine and it was an old system from a friend and it was free. He just wants something for older games. Minecraft, WoT, and so play fine. It would be his first pc do it doesn't need to be top of the line. It just needs to work for school stuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GreY2231 said:

It still runs fine and it was an old system from a friend and it was free. He just wants something for older games. Minecraft, WoT, and so play fine. It would be his first pc do it doesn't need to be top of the line. It just needs to work for school stuff. 

Well, entire system is ancient, if it still runs - be it. That PSU weren't exactly bad or cheap at the time but again, after 11 years it's probably almost dead by now.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Juular said:

Well, entire system is ancient, if it still runs - be it. That PSU weren't exactly bad or cheap at the time but again, after 11 years it's probably almost dead by now.

Yes it is old. but who cares. If you take care of them they will last a long time. My old system with a Q9300 and GTX 760 are still running fine. But I have noticed unless I have the best most newest stuff I'm just being insulted here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×