Display not runing at 120hz

Javier96321

I have a samsung un75mu8000 tv but I cant get it to run at 120hz it saids it runs at 120hz. I have already try to changing the resolution on nvidia control panel but no 120hz option shows up. Have any one you run into these problem that. Can help me. I even try creating a new resolution but didn't work.

Screenshot_20191022-205452_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191022-205444_Chrome.jpg

7 hours ago, Javier96321 said:

TVs do not run at 120hz

If you are lucky at 1080p 120hz might show up, but usually it's just some marketing thing for interpolation of films that usually looks bad anyways.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I'm willing to bet it only runs 120hz at lower resolutions or was just a typo on that site

21 hours ago, Glenwing said:

TV refresh rates are generally fake, most only run at 60 Hz regardless of what they claim. The other possibility is that it only runs at 120 Hz at lower resolutions like 1080p.

22 hours ago, Streetguru said:

TVs do not run at 120hz

If you are lucky at 1080p 120hz might show up, but usually it's just some marketing thing for interpolation of films that usually looks bad anyways.

already try going 1080p hoping I could play on 120hz but the 120hz is not showing on 1080p  I Also reinstalled the graphics card drivers but that didn't do nothing I was thinking it my be my hdmi cable i was thinking I needed to get a hdmi 2.1  because my tv doesn't have display port