CS:GO Lags in offline mode

IBM_THINKPAD_R51

I have this problem where if i go to deathmatch with bots only, my FPS drops from 200-300 all the way down to 50-60 (and constant frame dips) when there are more than 9 bots on the server (9 is default for deathmatch). 

as you can see in the picture:

no core on the CPU is pinned to 100%

GPU is not at 100% and VRAM usage is not at 100%

RAM in not at 100%

I have no idea why its lagging, on a multiplayer server where there are 63 people on, i get around 200 FPS. 

But in this situation its only at 60FPS witch stuttering and nothing is bottlenecking anything else...

anyone got any ideas?Untitled.thumb.png.fe89d445cbe9713d930a75ae3a5d4f97.png

Bots in Source engine games makes the frame rate fucking TANK if it's client-side, like with you.

This isn't a CS:GO specific problem, either; Team Fortress 2 suffers worse, somehow. Basically, the game is bothering with all of the bots on a single core, because the Source engine is, shall we say, very inefficient.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Bots in Source engine games makes the frame rate fucking TANK if it's client-side, like with you.

This isn't a CS:GO specific problem, either; Team Fortress 2 suffers worse, somehow. Basically, the game is bothering with all of the bots on a single core, because the Source engine is, shall we say, very inefficient.

Okay, so then why isn't one of my cores pinned at 100% tho? And is 9 the limit on all computers or is it just mine? 

6 minutes ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

Okay, so then why isn't one of my cores pinned at 100% tho? And is 9 the limit on all computers or is it just mine? 

theres a command to change bot limit? Theres commands for practically everything in console.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

1 minute ago, mxk said:

theres a command to change bot limit? Theres commands for practically everything in console.

No I meant is 9 the limit at witch it starts lagging, since I said if I have more than 9 it starts lagging. I never said it lags at 9 bots. 

2 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

Bots are demanding on the cpu, and they were recently changed to be even more complex.

Its the same reason Minecraft is playable on ancient hardware but only if you play multiplayer so the server handles a lot of the CPU intensive tasks and the users computer mostly only deals with rendering.

That's true, and to my knowledge csgo uses 2-3 cores. But in my situation not one core is at 100%...so what does that mean? Does it mean the source engine can't handle it? Because In cs source I can get 23 other bits in my game with no lag.

5 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

Bots are demanding on the cpu, and they were recently changed to be even more complex.

Its the same reason Minecraft is playable on ancient hardware but only if you play multiplayer so the server handles a lot of the CPU intensive tasks and the users computer mostly only deals with rendering.

I was thinking the same thing about the bots and how the AI got changed 

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

2 hours ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

Because both Task Manager doesn't report core usage all that well for Source games and because Source.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.