Graphics card output glitches

I've started experiencing some glitches appearing on the screen which i think might be caused by my graphics card.

Here's a video I recorded to show the issue (slow motion to make each frame more visible) https://youtu.be/jOotbqObSWE

The issue seems to happen consistently around 1h 40mins after I turn the PC on.

I've got a Sapphire RX460 4GB.

Could you post the full details of the build?

What has recently changed, if anything before this started?

Does it only happen when running games, or just after 1h40m into boot, even if just on the desktop?

What troubleshooting have you done yourself?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

12 minutes ago, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

Could you post the full details of the build?

Ryzen 3 1200

MSI B350 Tomahawk

8GB Corsair Vengeance 2400MHz

Sapphire RX460 4GB

It's an old build, had it for a couple years.

What has recently changed, if anything before this started?

Recently moved to a new case but same internals.

Does it only happen when running games, or just after 1h40m into boot, even if just on the desktop?

At first it seemed as if it only happened during games, but now it will just occur on it's own on the desktop.

What troubleshooting have you done yourself?

Tried re-seating the graphics card and blew inside the PCIe connecter with compressed air in case dust had somehow managed to get in there and was messing up the connection, but that did nothing. I don't have a second system to test the card in, or a second card to test in it's place.

My guess would be, in order of likelihood:

Software issues. Driver, overclock, recording software or some “bloatware” background crap.

Monitorcable broke or the port on either Monitor or GPU -> different cable, preferable also different type. (like if you got DVI to DVI atm, try HDMI to HDMI so you can rule out both at once - if you are using DP to HDMI or similar than this is the #1 likely cause)

Monitor broke, usually they only flicker or go black for a few seconds, but I guess it can also break and show.. w/e it is it is showing, instead of black.

GPU broke but equally likely, PSU is dying. If you can stomach it, run furmark or some other stress test and see if it gets worse the longer it runs or if you get BSOD.
Alternatively clock down the GPU as much as you can, also move power target down as much as it allows you and see what happens.

@Nord or quote me if you want me to reply back. I don't necessarily check back or subscribe to every topic.

Amdahls law > multicore CPU.