Solutions for extending my Wifi range?

Zev_7

My dad bought a small plug-able netgear extender and he says it does the job for his 2015 iMac on some days and other days it just sucks. The router is located in their room which is closest to the driveway while the 2.4ghz signal needs to travel about 20-30ft through the floor to the kitchen to the netgear extender. The netgear then repeats the signal another 20-30ft through one wall, several feet of open space, then another wall to the iMac.
What would be the best way to extend the range as far as wifi solutions go? 
My dad is stingy and says no ethernet wires directly connected to the iMac
Expensive, mid, or cheap suggestions would be best but because my dad likes good deals thats most preferable.

From what it sounds like your dad picked a terrible place to put the router. it should be in a centralized location of the house, as close to smack dab in the middle as you can. as far as extending it... LTT did a video about a network thing that had a central modem then several wireless bases around the house to improve full house coverage. that was awhile ago, not sure if i'd be able to find the video.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

Storage: 6 various HDDs and SSDs
Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix 3090
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 1000w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED 49"
Keyboard: Logitech G915 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 175

Mic: Blue Yeti

14 hours ago, MrSimplicity said:

From what it sounds like your dad picked a terrible place to put the router. it should be in a centralized location of the house, as close to smack dab in the middle as you can. as far as extending it... LTT did a video about a network thing that had a central modem then several wireless bases around the house to improve full house coverage. that was awhile ago, not sure if i'd be able to find the video.

Unfortunately he couldn't because at&t built the mini ethernet plug in their room.

6 hours ago, 7even said:

Unfortunately he couldn't because at&t built the mini ethernet plug in their room.

Welp i found the video...

It looks like the bases aren't wireless but if your dad can get his head out of his ass and be ok with some decent cable management you can extend your wifi throughout the house a lot better. 

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

Storage: 6 various HDDs and SSDs
Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix 3090
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 1000w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED 49"
Keyboard: Logitech G915 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 175

Mic: Blue Yeti