do i have a bottleneck?

Docki

hi

so I have a intel i5 7400 with a gtx 1060 6gb

and I am experiencing some like stutters and like some parts of the map not loading in.

and if im gaming my cpu is almost always around 80 to 100%

I think I have a bottleneck but I am not sure.

can you help me?

if I have a bottleneck wich cpu/gpu do you recommend?

100% CPU usage is obviously not great. What Game are we talking about?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

like gta 5, forza horizon 4, Rainbow six siege

Definite CPU bottleneck. The best you can upgrade to on your platform is an i7 7700/7700k depending on the mobo you have. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

44 minutes ago, Docki said:

like gta 5, forza horizon 4, Rainbow six siege

GTA shouldn't be that bad on that i5, if you have the population density sliders turned down. Those other titles are rough though.

Also be sure you quote us or use @Praesi So we see your responses

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 hours ago, Docki said:

do i have a bottleneck?

Yes. Fortunately, it's a minor one that can be remedied without a CPU/GPU upgrade.

2 hours ago, Docki said:

and I am experiencing some like stutters and like some parts of the map not loading in.

How much RAM do you have and at what speed is it running at? Two sticks of 8GB? One stick of 8GB? DDR4-????

2 hours ago, Docki said:

and if im gaming my cpu is almost always around 80 to 100%

Completely normal for your hardware. The goal is to simply lower certain graphic settings to get less strain on your CPU. Some kill fps, some eat up CPU usage. You have to figure these things out by playing the game and tweaking the graphic settings individually. Oh and some valuable info on GTA 5, if you by chance use self radio, stop using it unless you are flying or in less CPU demanding areas of the game. I've noticed that self radio hits CPU usage around 10-20%. If you by chance want the best graphic settings for both GTA 5 and Rainbow Six Siege to maximize your fps without losing much visual fidelity, let me know and I'll post screenshots.

2 hours ago, Docki said:

if I have a bottleneck wich cpu/gpu do you recommend?

What resolution and Hz is your monitor? If your monitor is 60 Hz, there is no need for an upgrade, unless it is 1440p or 4K. The only reason for an upgrade is if you have a 144 Hz monitor and want more than 120 fps while gaming in most of your games. I personally game at 60-120 fps in high demanding games using an old i5 clocked at 3.0 GHz(less than your 3.3), and I game in 1440p. Pretty sure you can achieve similar numbers provided you learn about what each and every graphic setting does to games both visually and performance wise.

One more thing, remember that online gaming, especially in open worlds, is going to affect fps more than when you play the game offline. It's due to how well the devs optimized the game, everyone and everything loading in the world and what they're doing in the world that affects fps. This usually varies from game to game but one thing is for certain, populated(especially high population) GTA 5 Online lobbies affect fps dramatically compared to the offline story mode. Imagine 20+ gamers running around blowing things up. It's going to affect fps.

On 10/19/2019 at 5:37 PM, Intransigent said:

How much RAM do you have and at what speed is it running at?

I Have one stick of 8 gb DDR4 at 2400MHz

If you by chance want the best graphic settings for both GTA 5 and Rainbow Six Siege to maximize your fps without losing much visual fidelity, let me know and I'll post screenshots.

Yeah sure 

What resolution and Hz is your monitor?

I have a 1080p 144hz monitor.

Pretty sure you can achieve similar numbers provided you learn about what each and every graphic setting does to games both visually and performance wise

I Think that that wil help 

One more thing, remember that online gaming, especially in open worlds, is going to affect fps more than when you play the game offline.

Yeah when I’m at a invite online session with myself. I usually don’t have any problems running then game. But than I join a normal lobby with a bunch of players I start to get the problems.

1 hour ago, Docki said:

I Have one stick of 8 gb DDR4 at 2400MHz

This is the culprit of your stuttering, without a doubt. Add 1 stick of the same 8GB RAM and the stuttering will disappear. The DDR4-2400 you use is a good speed.

1 hour ago, Docki said:

Yeah sure 

Here's GTA 5...

gtacustgraphset.thumb.png.6618d11099efe911135527fd99b9291f.png

Gimme a few minutes and I'll post my R6S settings. They are not as mastered as my GTA 5 settings but they are really close. The reason I say that is because I've spent way more time(a couple hundred hours) mastering GTA 5's graphic settings than I have R6S.

1 hour ago, Docki said:

I have a 1080p 144hz monitor.

Try to keep your expectations low and you should be fine with the fps results you end up with. I'm fine with 60-120 and that should be around what you can get.

1 hour ago, Docki said:

Yeah when I’m at a invite online session with myself. I usually don’t have any problems running then game. But than I join a normal lobby with a bunch of players I start to get the problems.

What you can do is join public lobbies and just kick everyone out by suspending the process of GTA5.exe for 9 seconds and then resume the process after that 9 seconds in the task manager while you are in the lobby. It's very simply. This way, you have a solo lobby to yourself to do some grinding with better fps. You can't grind most businesses in invite only lobbies.

1 hour ago, Docki said:

also I’m 14 years old and I don’t have a lot of money. And im hoping that with just some graphic setting chanced that all of most problems I have are gone.

After using my graphic settings, and adding 1 stick of 8GB DDR4-2400 RAM of the same brand hopefully, you should have zero issues. What is the exact name and model of your RAM? You should be able to get an excellent deal on it. Depending on the brand, you're only looking at $28.00 to $35.00, and that's for a brand new stick. It's very possible to get a used stick for as low as say, $16.00 to $23.00. It's well worth whatever it costs, this I assure you. I love seeing virtually no stuttering during all my gaming experiences since adding 1 8GB stick to total 16GB.

1 hour ago, Docki said:

Gimme a few minutes and I'll post my R6S settings.

Here's my R6S settings. Again, I didn't invest hundreds of hours into completely mastering them. However, I did spend at least a few hours doing research and testing to come up with these so I feel they are pretty close to mastered. I also posted a benchmark I just ran in case you want to compare your fps. You can ignore the "Start and Overall 35.8 Mins" because that's just where the fps started at the beginning of the benchmark. The Start Min is pretty much 130 and the Overall Min would be 83.0 since it just did hit that in the Garden area. When playing the game, I'm pretty much averaging 110 to well over 144 fps. R6S is a beautifully optimized game.

r6scustomset.png.thumb.jpg.836807a878887a391c64c871c95876bf.jpg

r6sbm.png.jpg.cf4a11fa2b7281c208a84d42052243b5.jpg

If you have another 8GB RAM, make sure you put both in Slots 1+3 or 2+4. So you will have dual channel support and your CPU will work with 128bit bandwith and not only 64, thats very important.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

9 hours ago, Intransigent said:

What is the exact name and model of your RAM?

I got a prebuilt pc by msi, so I really don’t know

6 hours ago, Docki said:

Thank you @Intransigent and @Praesi for the support I will get one extra stick of ram and also changes my settings

I got a prebuilt pc by msi, so I really don’t know

Welcome.

You're going to need to know so that you can get a matching stick. Just take off one side of your PC case, shine a flashlight at the RAM installed. See if you can read anything on the RAM to determine what it is. If you don't want to take off the side of the case and check on your PC, download a simple program called CPU-Z. Very fast and easy to install and then just check under the SPD tab to get the exact brand and part number of your RAM.

Same with the motherboard, try to see of you can find out what motherboard you have.

You can check what motherboard you have by simply pressing the Windows key + R. Then type in cmd

Then type this in and it will show exactly what motherboard you have...

wmic baseboard get product,manufacturer,version,serialnumber

You only need to know the brand and model number, for example Asus PRIME B450M-A

And remember, we are here to help. All this stuff might seem to be hard to do but I assure you it's just as easy as hooking up a VCR or DVD player onto a TV.