new/salvage build help

SnigerJens

I'm guessing that my parts are so perfectly picked that no one has any comments or...
the parts are so hopeless no one is willing to attempt an explanation to this moron xD

Just now, SnigerJens said:

I'm guessing that my parts are so perfectly picked that no one has any comments or...
the parts are so hopeless no one is willing to attempt an explanation to this moron xD

3700x ? You should consider a motherboard upgrade to an x470/570 platform.

"Ryzen likes fast RAM" so goes the saying, and about 3600 MHz is the sweetspot they say, also pretty looking sticks if you care about that sort of thing. Check reviews on these ones for your chip and board combo.

Not going to pretend I understand all of it but watch some GamersNexus or Buildzoid videos

you will need better cooling than the stock cooler once you're pushing that chip hard, you'll also need a motherboard with a high quality power delivery system and cooling them "voltage regulator module thingamajings"

Is your 650 watt up to it and can handle a 1080 and OC'd everything ? Not sure, someone else can answer that.

That Asus board has a good VRM so no issues there. Just make sure it has an up to date bios though as I don't think you can update on that board otherwise.

The Ram is fine although might be a bit more expensive than a 3000 - 3200 kit. Overclocking Ram is a lot easier with the Dram calc tool.

Which Corsair psu is that ?

for some reason it posted a 3rd of the msg weird
TX750 corsair power supp.. just checked its a 750 not 650 i remembered wrong..
@strat guy@lee32uk
the ram are a pretty good price 1600kr~190£~230-240$ its not much cheaper to go 3200mhz 20-30$

could bump up to a 470x for about 40-50$ but doesnt seem like i get much and the asus boards have a promo going so they are abit discounted which is why i didnt go with msi or another.

keeping to the stock cooler for abit is just a way for me to spend all the money on parts now and then oc later when i get something like the h115i radiator

looked at the next lvl of motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
the b450 only let the ram clock to 3533mhz the x470 goes to 3600 max
any thoughts?

48 minutes ago, SnigerJens said:

looked at the next lvl of motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
the b450 only let the ram clock to 3533mhz the x470 goes to 3600 max
any thoughts?

I would suggest the MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX although it looks like it is out of stock on that website. That board will work out of the box with the 3700X and supports 3600MHz and above.

https://www.komplett.dk/product/1136725/hardware/pc-komponenter/bundkort/amd-socket/msi-b450-tomahawk-max-socket-am4#

@lee32uk
thx for the suggestion.. it's less shiny but i do like the savings :D
the couple of less usbs is meh but unlikely ill miss them to much and the clock speed and the price is more important.
I assume since u suggested it the vrm is good on this board aswell dont much about motherboards other than check if it has the right amount of holes(usbs and whatnot)

i see under tech specs on the msi board it says 1. 2. and 3rd gen ryzen supported.. it doesnt say that on the asus one. But they both have have 'AMD Ryzen 3000 desktop RDY'
i just assumed the 'Ryzen 3000 dekstop RDY' ment it was ready and i didnt have to flash the bios via usb or the 2nd cpu way
am i wrong? should i only assume that if it says under tech details or is the sticker on the box good enough ?

13 minutes ago, SnigerJens said:

@lee32uk
thx for the suggestion.. it's less shiny but i do like the savings :D
the couple of less usbs is meh but unlikely ill miss them to much and the clock speed and the price is more important.
I assume since u suggested it the vrm is good on this board aswell dont much about motherboards other than check if it has the right amount of holes(usbs and whatnot)

i see under tech specs on the msi board it says 1. 2. and 3rd gen ryzen supported.. it doesnt say that on the asus one. But they both have have 'AMD Ryzen 3000 desktop RDY'
i just assumed the 'Ryzen 3000 dekstop RDY' ment it was ready and i didnt have to flash the bios via usb or the 2nd cpu way
am i wrong? should i only assume that if it says under tech details or is the sticker on the box good enough ?

The VRM on the Tomahawk MAX will cope fine with a 3700X. No need to update the bios to start with, as it will work straight away. You can update it later on if need be.

The Asus board does have a better VRM but obviously costs more money. It would also need an up to date bios, so just make sure with the store that it is Ryzen 3000 ready if you go with it. They usually have a sticker on the motherboard box to state that.