Fps issue in Battlefield 4

DominicNikon
Go to solution Solved by DominicNikon,
34 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Try right click on game EXE>Properties>Compability tab>Disable fullscreen optimizations>Click "Apply"

ok so i went back to the previous windows insider build 18999 and my fps is back to normal and i made a feedback post on microsoft that 19002  messed up game performance

Hello, i have this issue that started after the latest windows insider build where battlefield 4 is stuck at 60fps even though all my settings are the same and my gpu drivers are update to date. Anyone know how to fix this or is it a issue with windows 10 build 19002?

if needed my specs are:

I5 4670k, GTX 980, 16gb ram

Do you have V-sync on?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

3 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Do you have V-sync on?

no i do not. it is off in game settings. 

Also a restart of both the game and PC did not help

Try a DDU and a reinstall of the drivers through Geforce Experience. Also check your nvidia control panel to see if V-sync is enabled in there.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Maybe micro$ft added a FPS limiter in this build and it's bugged or turned on by default,that's why it's not recommended to use insider builds.

Anyway Windows 10 is full of crap,I prefer Windows Server 2019 with Windows desktop environment or even Windows 7 than to use Windows 10,

Windows Server 2019 doesn't have bloatware,and bloated features,no ads,no "one cloud" or any of that crap.it's clean and performs better than Windows 10,

Windows Server 2019 even supports DXR,DX12 and is more reliable due to it's Enterprise market target,so no problematic updates,less telemetry.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

13 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Try a DDU and a reinstall of the drivers through Geforce Experience. Also check your nvidia control panel to see if V-sync is enabled in there.

ok, I reinstalled the graphic drivers and  V-Sync is off in the Nvidia control panel but the game is still stuck at 60 fps

3 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Maybe micro$ft added a FPS limiter in this build and it's bugged or turned on by default,that's why it's not recommended to use insider builds.

Anyway Windows 10 is full of crap,I prefer Windows Server 2019 with Windows desktop environment or even Windows 7 than to use Windows 10,

Windows Server 2019 doesn't have bloatware,and bloated features,no ads,no "one cloud" or any of that crap.it's clean and performs better than Windows 10,

Windows Server 2019 even supports DXR,DX12 and is more reliable due to it's Enterprise market target,so no problematic updates,less telemetry.

oh ok, i've been a windows insider for a little while now

1 minute ago, DominicNikon said:

oh ok, i've been a windows insider for a little while now

Try right click on game EXE>Properties>Compability tab>Disable fullscreen optimizations>Click "Apply"

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

34 minutes ago, Vishera said:

ok so i went back to the previous windows insider build 18999 and my fps is back to normal and i made a feedback post on microsoft that 19002  messed up game performance

Just now, DominicNikon said:

I am glad it's working now :D

Insider builds are just untested versions of Windows so problems tend to happen with those builds.

5 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Insider builds are just untested versions of Windows so problems tend to happen with those builds.

yeah its basically beta testing

14 hours ago, Vishera said:

just thought i would tell you. on my feedback post to windows insider many other people are having the same fps issue on build 19002 

1 hour ago, DominicNikon said:

just thought i would tell you. on my feedback post to windows insider many other people are having the same fps issue on build 19002 

It's nice of you to update me on this,Thanks :D