Short flicker top of monitor randomly.

Hemanse

I am not really sure how to explain this, but im having a bit of an odd thing happening. A few times a day the top of both my monitors blinks for like 0.1s, it seems to span across both monitors and only at the top. Both are connected via DP. Its obviously not a major problem, just a minor annoyance, it annoys me because i cant figure out what it is :)

Im 99.9% sure its not Graphics card related, as it happens with all 3 cards i have in my possession. Have upgraded drivers and all that. Also seems unlikely to be a monitor problem as it happens across both.

It seems like it happens when i have a browser open, both in Firefox and Chrome which are the ones i use. Could it be the browser window or tabs refreshing by themself or something like that? I have tried googling around a bit, but all i get is Chrome flickering issues which is not what this is.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

just the top? blinks? like it goes off then on? That would only be possible if the monitors are OLED, because if not the entire display could blink and not just one region(unless its capable of some sort of local dimming). Maybe a video of this while it occurs could help us shed more light!

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

Just now, Umeshwarnath said:

just the top? blinks? like it goes off then on? That would only be possible if the monitors are OLED, because if not the entire display could blink and not just one region(unless its capable of some sort of local dimming). Maybe a video of this while it occurs could help us shed more light!

Not sure how to describe it, the monitor does not go off no, just sort of looks like a quick flicker. The monitors are both just LCD, a Benq XL2720Z and a ASUS VG278Q. It happens randomly and only maybe once or twice a day, so its kind of hard to take a video of :)

As it seems to happen with a browser open and at the top, i was just thinking its maybe tabs refreshing or something like that. Could also be a program in the background doing something. I have switched hardware in and out quite a bit lately, so maybe a fresh Windows install might not be a bad idea.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2