(HELP) Weird Long Beep Memory Code on X370 Gigabyte Board.

mjnko1988

Good Day LTT Community,

I wonder if anyone could help in this regards?

A few days ago, my friend was finally able to buy DDR4 RAM sticks so he could run his RYZEN 5 1500X with a Gigabyte GA-AX370 Gaming rev.1.x. The RAM is G.SKILL FlareX 16GB (8GBx2) 3200 CL16 DDR4 kit which I bought at Newegg as well for his birthday.

The board and processor was stored since 2017 in a well kept storage, initial tests of his new system was okay and it booted to Windows 10 just fine with all benchmarks (FF14 Shadow Bringer, Heavenly Benchmark).

Board was purchased on 2017 at Newegg as well as the Processor

So we have decided to update the BIOS to F31 and this is where the issue started.

The PC started having long continuous beeps during boot up, so we did a couple of basic troubleshooting as follows:
- Swap the RAM sticks' position
- Swap the RAM sticks' slots from Channel A to B (Right to Left side)
- Using the Clear CMOS header (while the PC is completely turned off)
- Using the Clear CMOS header with Power Cycle (holding the power button for 50 seconds)

The PC boots up afterwards so we proceeded to upgrading the BIOS from F31 to F40, and the problem repeated itself with a long beep, so we repeated the troubleshooting steps we did until it booted up again.

The problem persisted until we reached from BIOS F40 to BIOS F42a (latest release) and if he tries to shutdown the PC completely for a minute, the problem occurs once more.

So I suggested he leaves his PC turned on and only programmed to sleep when he is not using it, he has not encountered any issues for the past 3 days since he left his PC turned on.

I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of problem he has been experiencing? I also own an X370 board which is the ASUS Prime series but I have not encountered his problem in mine after upgrading it to the latest BIOS 3 times now.

Also we've been playing with multiplayer games (Monster Hunter World, Warframe, PSO2, FF14) and has not encountered any issues (we even enabled his XMP Profile to run on the advertised speeds of the RAM sticks)

Thank you very much,
Charles