Gaming Headphones Recommendations

Willie4657

I have a pretty loud house/family so I want closed ear so I can hear the game. Thanks for the recommendation though!

with your budget, its hard to recommend a closed headphone that has a large sound stage. for comfort, imo, sennheiser is the best for the price. from my experience, the HD 558 is where the real comfort starts and anything with a greater price is just as comfortable. its a semi closed headphone so youll have some sound leakage. you can add some foam inside the housing for extra isolation but that will void your warranty.

Just go HD518, after extensive personal test I found the bass response to be "better" on the HD518. Besides that they were identical. So go with the best  value.  

But those extra price does not come for nothing. Have you compare to 558? If the audio quality comes up better, then I just need some amp to support the bass.

Besides, the price difference is only $25 here, so that goes for aesthetic :D

I have a pretty loud house/family so I want closed ear so I can hear the game. Thanks for the recommendation though!

Just crank the volume up so they can hear you gaming and be quiet :P

There are not many closed back headphone for the price and sound quality. I got one for you, but definitely out of the price range. And gaming headphones/headset is not recommended either.

OR, you can get yourself some noise dampening foam for your room.. That'll clear things up.

But those extra price does not come for nothing. Have you compare to 558? If the audio quality comes up better, then I just need some amp to support the bass.

Besides, the price difference is only $25 here, so that goes for aesthetic :D

I've compared them side by side and the cake still goes to the 518, and they are efficient headphones, doesn't need much of an amp to drive them to their maximum. And an amp doesn't make them any better. 

I've compared them side by side and the cake still goes to the 518, and they are efficient headphones, doesn't need much of an amp to drive them to their maximum. And an amp doesn't make them any better. 

Alright, thanks for the input, I might have to consider about these two now.

And I've been looking for the reviews, and you're right, 518 seems to have more positive feedback. That's a bummer, because I don't really like the look  :wacko:

Alright, thanks for the input, I might have to consider about these two now.

And I've been looking for the reviews, and you're right, 518 seems to have more positive feedback. That's a bummer, because I don't really like the look  :wacko:

You will never see them on your head unless you keep a mirror at your desk to see how you look in your own home. 

That's a bummer, because I don't really like the look  :wacko:

Maybe you should ask the fashion subforum then.  :rolleyes: