MSI Z270+G.Skill 3600CL16 RAM compatibility issues

I cannot enable the XMP profile for the 32 GB memory kit I've installed. I get an error message stating that overclocking has failed and that default settings will be used. My memory speed is 2133 at default settings. I've updated the BIOS to the latest available version. I am using an i5-7600K quad-core processor. Previous kit was 16 GB of Corsair 3200CL16 RAM which never caused an issue with XMP enabled. How can I get my current kit to run at maximum clock speed with XMP enabled? Thanks.

2 hours ago, BBabcock said:

I cannot enable the XMP profile for the 32 GB memory kit I've installed. I get an error message stating that overclocking has failed and that default settings will be used. My memory speed is 2133 at default settings. I've updated the BIOS to the latest available version. I am using an i5-7600K quad-core processor. Previous kit was 16 GB of Corsair 3200CL16 RAM which never caused an issue with XMP enabled. How can I get my current kit to run at maximum clock speed with XMP enabled? Thanks.

Did you try lower speeds?

2 hours ago, AkSo2504 said:

Did you try lower speeds?

I'm a novice with BIOS adjustments. Would I have to enable the XMP and then manually adjust the RAM to a lower speed? Or leave XMP alone altogether?

18 hours ago, BBabcock said:

I'm a novice with BIOS adjustments. Would I have to enable the XMP and then manually adjust the RAM to a lower speed? Or leave XMP alone altogether?

Im pretty sure that you can enable xmp and then lower the speed, but if you are not hitting the speed that the ram should hit I would RMA it.

I'm also having problems reaching 3600Mhz with any settings on Z270 motherboard with 6700K and Micron e-die RAM. Basically refuses to run at any timings with 100% stability on 3600Mhz. But does run at 3200Mhz @14-16-16-37 1T

Maybe it's a low end motherboard or memory controller fault?

I edit my posts more often than not

If there is a hardware fault it would be beyond my ability to diagnose. One thing I tried is manually setting the voltage to the DRAM to the recommended 1.350 and enabled XMP. That seems to work, but I've had a case where I still get the same error after restarting. I have to enter the setup and load the last-known good config and then exit without making changes and it boots up. I suppose as long as it works I'm okay with it. For now,  at least.