PC no longer sends output signal to monitor.

Sour

Hello there,

My new (ish) PC that I built months ago has been giving me trouble and not sending an output signal to my monitor sometimes.

If it's already running, there are no issues, but if I put it to sleep for the day, it won't come back on the next day 50% of the time (even though the RGBs would still be RGBing).

If I shut it down on a given day, and start it up the next day.. it *usually* works just fine, but sometimes starts without any display output. (At this point the power button would turn it off immediately)

My temporary fix for this is to disconnect my monitors, wait a few, start the machine then plug them back in. (sometimes I'll even resort to switching off the PSU).

I'm running on Windows 10 Pro. Here are my specs:

ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming mobo

Intel I7-8700K

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

16GB memory

I have two monitors hooked up via DisplayPort cables.

My (wired) keyboard is setup to "Allow this device to wake the computer" in the device manager.

I hope the info I gave is sufficient. Any help is appreciated.

Check all cables - especially 24pin to mobo. It may be also hardware failure (most times I saw similar issue it was motherboard). Or GPU. Or PSU. It may be everything, hard to say for sure. If it's motherboard, you're out of luck. The only way to check this for sure is to have lot of spare parts and made lot of tests.

Something i recommend is just turning sleep mode off entirely and if you are done using your computer for the day just turn it off. I personally run home media servers on my computer and can't afford it to go to sleep. My family always lets their computers go to sleep and tend to have the same issue but not as often as you seem to.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

Storage: 6 various HDDs and SSDs
Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix 3090
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 1000w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED 49"
Keyboard: Logitech G915 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 175

Mic: Blue Yeti

On 10/15/2019 at 1:54 PM, homeap5 said:

Check all cables - especially 24pin to mobo. It may be also hardware failure (most times I saw similar issue it was motherboard). Or GPU. Or PSU. It may be everything, hard to say for sure. If it's motherboard, you're out of luck. The only way to check this for sure is to have lot of spare parts and made lot of tests.

Thanks, I will definitely make sure all mobo connections are secure.

I was hoping it wasn't one BIOS setting I shouldn't have enable or something like that.

On 10/15/2019 at 1:57 PM, MrSimplicity said:

Something i recommend is just turning sleep mode off entirely and if you are done using your computer for the day just turn it off. I personally run home media servers on my computer and can't afford it to go to sleep. My family always lets their computers go to sleep and tend to have the same issue but not as often as you seem to.

Most of the time, turning it off is fine by me, but some days I have to leave my applications open so I can resume my tasks the next day.

Plus, this has happened to me after having shut down the computer for an entire day or weekend, so sleep mode contributing to this issue seems unlikely to me.