I need help in making a decision!

IvanSnipedYu

So, in about 2 months I am getting a new phone ^_^ yay me! But the heck of me I couldn't decide which phone to get. I am in between a Nexus 5 or a Galaxy Note 3. I like the many feature of the Note 3 but there are many features of the Nexus 5 I like as well. The note has a bigger screen and the nexus has wireless charging. The nexus has stock android but the Note 3 has the S Pen. The Nexus has a lower price but the Note 3 has a bigger battery. I just couldn't make up my mind. So what phone do you think I should get? Any suggestion other than the 2 phones I have listed? I have considered other phones such as the G Flex, HTC, S4 or even the IPhone but I believe that I have narrowed it down to these 2 phones. Any suggestion would help even if you don't agree with the 2 I have narrowed the list down to. Thanks in advance.

| i7 4790k | H100i | 16GB (8x2) Corsair Vengence | EVGA GTX 780 SC | ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark I | Samsung 840 120GB | WD 2TB Green x2 | Rosewill Hive 750W | 

I think it comes down to whether you want a big phone or not. For me personally, I wouldn't go with a Note 3 because it's just huge. If you think that you want a big phone, i.e. that extra screen real estate will come in handy for you then, I would say Note 3. If you don't want a massive phone then I think you should go with the Nexus 5. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

i like the note 3 ALOT but if u want to saven money the nexus 5 is good too xD
personally i want the nexus 5 for all the ROM support it gets

I'd prefer the Nexus 5 because of the more managable size and relevant features. Something like wireless charging means al ot more to me than the S Pen, which I just would not use. Stock android is a plus.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Xperia Z1 :D

[CPU: 4670k] [CPU Cooler: Antec Kühler 1220] [Case: Obsidian 350D] [Mobo: Maximus VI Gene] [RAM: Vengeance Pro 8GB] [GPU: 770 DirectCU II] [PSU: CX750M

[Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB] [Screen: Dell U2312HM 23" E-IPS] [Keyboard: Steelseries Apex RAW]

I'd hold off for now. In a couple weeks MWC happens, and they'll be showing off TONS of new devices that will roll out in the following few months.

Phones to keep an eye out for are the Samsung S5, Oppo Find 7, possibly the LG G3.

If you really want to get a phone now, the Note 3 is a great device. It's not as big once you've handled it for a bit. Consider this: it's only 12mm taller than the Nexus 5. Not that much.

I used to HATE big phones, but I've been considering a Note series phone since most of the 5" flagships are creeping up to that size anyway.

You can also get wireless charging with the Note 3.

As for stock Android, you can always go the Cyanogenmod route.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I think it comes down to whether you want a big phone or not. For me personally, I wouldn't go with a Note 3 because it's just huge. If you think that you want a big phone, i.e. that extra screen real estate will come in handy for you then, I would say Note 3. If you don't want a massive phone then I think you should go with the Nexus 5. 

I honestly don't really care about size. Big screen or small screen has their own benefits. I can't make up my mind T_T

i like the note 3 ALOT but if u want to saven money the nexus 5 is good too xD

personally i want the nexus 5 for all the ROM support it gets

Money is no object =p well it is but I don't mind paying for either phone.

I'd prefer the Nexus 5 because of the more managable size and relevant features. Something like wireless charging means al ot more to me than the S Pen, which I just would not use. Stock android is a plus.

S pen could come in useful like when you're out for dinner and you write down you're orders or taking notes in class when you forget you're notebook. 

Xperia Z1 :D

No,,, cool phone but the screen ruins it for me.

I'd hold off for now. In a couple weeks MWC happens, and they'll be showing off TONS of new devices that will roll out in the following few months.

Phones to keep an eye out for are the Samsung S5, Oppo Find 7, possibly the LG G3.

If you really want to get a phone now, the Note 3 is a great device. It's not as big once you've handled it for a bit. Consider this: it's only 12mm taller than the Nexus 5. Not that much.

I used to HATE big phones, but I've been considering a Note series phone since most of the 5" flagships are creeping up to that size anyway.

You can also get wireless charging with the Note 3.

As for stock Android, you can always go the Cyanogenmod route.

I'm not getting it right away, I'm getting the phone in like 3 months. Thanks for you're input, you're suggestion is great.

Sorry for late replies.

| i7 4790k | H100i | 16GB (8x2) Corsair Vengence | EVGA GTX 780 SC | ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark I | Samsung 840 120GB | WD 2TB Green x2 | Rosewill Hive 750W |