Dell Inspiron 15" 5558 power button stuck

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15" 5558 (2015)

The power button on this laptop became stuck for seemingly no reason. I tore down the laptop according to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RV-N2sxVbg

I made it to the power button assembly and unscrewed the screw holding the board down but can't really figure out what is preventing the button from being pressed. I unscrewed and screwed it back in multiple times with varying tightness, the button still wouldn't press. So then I had the thought that a small washer that fell out of the board when I was disassembling it might go on top of the actual button on the circuit. So I tried putting the washer underneath the button when I screwed the board back in, and the button did press a little bit this time, but not as much travel as normal and it stopped pressing after only one press. So then I rubbed the washer with a glue stick and tried again. This time the button seems to have slightly more travel when it clicks, though still not as much as there should be, but it is still pressing after several presses. I don't want to risk putting the whole laptop back together again in case the washer will easily come loose. I considered ordering a new power button assembly from eBay but I don't think the button on the circuit is broken, just whatever is supposed to press it is.

Right now I'm not really sure what to do. If anyone has any advice or suggestions on this it would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_7169.JPG

Power button assembly

IMG_7164.JPG

Underside of assembly, gold thing is the button that interacts with the plastic power button.

IMG_7167.JPG

Back of power button

IMG_7172.JPG

Washer that might be for the button

IMG_7174.JPG

Front of power button