Looking for a good rootable phone on Cricket

I am looking for a decent root-able phone that will run on the Cricket USA network, While it doesn't need to be a flagship or flagship killer I do have a few specs I would need

required

1. Proven Root-able

2. Micro-SD slot (support for 64Gb+)

3. at least 6in - 6.5in screen (1080p+ preferred)

4. Android 7+

5. and if possible.... A headphone jack.... >_>;

I have a Blade Max Z (Z982) atm and performance wise its not bad at all but there is no good way to root it without disabling a bunch of security on your computer and the "bricking" risk for the phone is way too high for this model (much higher then normal for rooting phones)

well for one the phone needs to be gsm...(att/tmobile bands)
next its best to be unlocked

majority of phones can be rooted if they armt locked from provider 

so basically just get yourself a unlocked phone then go to xda or android central and root away
for a quick list of full rootable scroll down and a huge list is there
https://www.xda-developers.com/root/

you want full specs of a phone look here
https://www.gsmarena.com/

Yea I was really just looking for some suggestions that might fit the specs to use as a starting point since blindly searching google and the like isn't always the best method.. and just being unlocked isn't a grantee.. as the ZTE I am using is an "unlocked" phone but as said rooting is not really worth the risks for the model (or really any recent ZTE phone it seems)

3 minutes ago, Lucian_Dragos said:

Yea I was really just looking for some suggestions that might fit the specs to use as a starting point since blindly searching google and the like isn't always the best method.. and just being unlocked isn't a grantee.. as the ZTE I am using is an "unlocked" phone but as said rooting is not really worth the risks for the model (or really any recent ZTE phone it seems)

ahh ok..yea some actually require you to throw in a new rom.....some phone manufacturers are a pain....

4 hours ago, Lucian_Dragos said:

I am looking for a decent root-able phone that will run on the Cricket USA network, While it doesn't need to be a flagship or flagship killer I do have a few specs I would need

required

1. Proven Root-able

2. Micro-SD slot (support for 64Gb+)

3. at least 6in - 6.5in screen (1080p+ preferred)

4. Android 7+

5. and if possible.... A headphone jack.... >_>;

I have a Blade Max Z (Z982) atm and performance wise its not bad at all but there is no good way to root it without disabling a bunch of security on your computer and the "bricking" risk for the phone is way too high for this model (much higher then normal for rooting phones)

If you really like headphone jacks I'd suggest the LG V30

It has 1440p

Quad DAC Headphone Jack

You can root it https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/help/unlocking-rooting-twrp-magisk-step-step-t3745006

Setup No. 1: CPU: AMD Ryzen 2200g 3.95GHz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Dual FTW w/ EVGA ACX Cooler MOBO: MSI B350 Tomahawk Gaming Motherboard RAM: KingSpec DDR4 8GB Single Channel @ 2866MHz PSU: CS Series Modular CS 650M - 650 Watt Power Supply 80+ Gold Efficiency CASE: EVGA DG-73 STORAGE: 240GB Inland SSD, 320GB 7200 RPM Western Digital Hard Drive COOLER: Cooler Master ML240L - 240mm Liquid AIO MONITORS1x Dell 1920 x 1080p 24" Widescreen 60Hz, 1x Dell 1920 x 1080p 22" 60Hz KEYBOARDCheap Inland USB Keyboard MOUSE2400DPI Anker Gaming Mouse RGB CHAIR: Ikea MARKUS Office Chair 

Setup No. 2: CPU: Intel i5-4950 GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 570 4GB VRAM MOBO: Asus B85 RAM: Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz Single Channel PSU: Insignia 450 Watt 80+ Efficiency Power Supply CASE: Thermaltake Versa N21 STORAGE: Samsung 860 EVO 240GB SSD COOLER: bequiet! Pure Rock Slim MONTIROS: 1x HP 24" 1680 x 1050p 60Hz KEYBOARD: Apple USB Keyboard MOUSE: Anywhere MX Logitech Mouse

yea looking at the list they dont even have the Blade Max Z so thats saying something...but they have other blades just not that one. so it must be a pain

4 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Ok. You intend to custom rom out the wazoo? Or just for root apps?

just root. I never really bother with custom roms unless I really need to push a device well past it's normal life span

14 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Is Cricket GSM

Cricket is GSM and its owned by AT&T. Beaware you need a phone that support VoLTE as well. AT&T has plans to shut down their 3G network in a year or so. There was a major news story on it because its going to affect a lot of cricket users.

"Cricket Wireless is committed to supporting the growth of mobile Internet and providing the best customer experience. As a result, Cricket plans to end service on 3G (UMTS) wireless networks by early 2022. This will allow additional space on Cricket's mobile Internet network. Cricket Wireless will provide information regarding changes and options as the date gets closer." 

https://www.cricketwireless.com/support/great-big-network/3G-network-shutdown.html

I think most devices now days support that standard but best to make sure. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.