What software do you use to use your phone as wireless headphones for your PC

Si3Rra_7

Basically i wanna sit in bed and listen to whatever's on the PC screen through my phone(android). Preferably an app that still works when i lock the phone's screen.

I was using splashtop years ago but it was dodgy.

You want to pass your audio through your phone? Why not just get a pair of Bluetooth headphones? 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

4 minutes ago, Si3Rra_7 said:

Basically i wanna sit in bed and listen to whatever's on the PC screen through my phone(android). Preferably an app that still works when i lock the phone's screen.

I was using splashtop years ago but it was dodgy.

I don't personally have the need to listen to audio from my PC via my phone, however, I have used VBAN built into Voicemeeter to send audio over to a server PC, which was then streaming the audio directly into TeamSpeak & Mumble. Um, I mean, FBI please don't ask me to OPEN UP for violating copyright. ?

VB-Audio has an Android app called Voicemeeter Receptor that does the same thing on Android. Voicemeeter is donationware, but I highly recommend throwing Vincent a few bucks as he makes the absolute BEST software mixer available on Windows, outside of the professional space, at least.

https://forum.vb-audio.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=443

VoicemeeterAudioToMobileDevice.jpg

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Do you run a Pro version of Windows? If so, then you can download Microsoft's RD Client and just RDP into your PC whenever you need something.

Audio can be finicky over RDP sometimes, but it does exist as an option.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

You want to pass your audio through your phone? Why not just get a pair of Bluetooth headphones? 

because that entails spending money. if i can do it for free i'd rather do that.