Is this a WS2812B or a SK6812?

Acorn Eye

The PCB claims its a WS2812B, but it looks RGBW to me, I lost my receipts for it so I have no clue what it is.

IMG_20191011_124655[1].jpg

that looks like SK6812 to me.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

that looks like SK6812 to me.

Yeah looks they put "LED Chip:SK6812 /WS2812B" in one of their listings. They really should put SK6812 on the PCB, not WS2812

I don't think there's a version of thd 2812b that has a white led on it, so sk6812. That being said, they're pretty much identical, especially from a control perspective. 

ASU

On 10/12/2019 at 7:43 AM, Hackentosher said:

I don't think there's a version of thd 2812b that has a white led on it, so sk6812. That being said, they're pretty much identical, especially from a control perspective. 

there totally is a 2812b with a white LED on it its just not as common as the other one

7 hours ago, Pixel5 said:

there totally is a 2812b with a white LED on it its just not as common as the other one

That's good to know. But sk6812 is identical in terms of footprint and control, no?

OP, if this is an adafruit neopixel branded board, they switch between Ws2812 and sk6812 I believe based on market availability, but there are no significant differences that I know of. The 6812 may draw more power at full white due to that chunky white led on there, but beyond that I believe they are essentially identical. 

ASU