Games freeze on our new systems at our Cyber Cafe.

Hey everyone

So my friend of mine have a Cyber cafe in our locality and he built 3 new systems because the old 3 systems died and he upgraded it with them so that he wouldn't deal with it anymore. They currently have 6 Gaming PCs at their Cyber Cafe(3 of them are brand new and remaining are old but fast). 

So recently he came across me and said "One of our PCs freeze while gaming" and i went to deal with it and it freezes a lot (not lag or framedrops but freezing for a long time). The customers come to play CSGO, Dota 2 and PUBG Mobile(Stupid game. Why would they play PUBG mobile on PC whereas we have installed PUBG lite on it). And they complained a lot about the lag. I too tried to fix it under my friend's permission. Reinstalled Windows, Reinstalled all games, still nothing. Tried to change Bios Settings but it's of no use. Even older systems perform very well than these. Finally i thought to post this on this forum for any solution. So plz help me and my Friend.

PC specs

Intel core I3 8100

8gb ram

GT 710(he will upgrade to GTX 1650 sooner)

Gigabyte H310M

500gb Hard drive

Windows 10

Old PC specs

Intel core I3 4130

4gb ram

GT 630(and R7 250 on one PC)

Gigabyte H81m S

300gb hard drive

Windows 7

Monitor is a 1080p Acer monitor

Logitech Keyboard, Mouse and headphones

So plz help me in this situation.

Edit: I don't work there. I'm just trying to help my friend in this situation

Edited by AKSHAYROG

you wouldn't happen to have a spare hard drive to test with would you? Also, try using the integrated graphics instead of the GT 710 in case that changes the behavior. (it would probably have better performance anyway)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

33 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

you wouldn't happen to have a spare hard drive to test with would you? Also, try using the integrated graphics instead of the GT 710 in case that changes the behavior. (it would probably have better performance anyway)

We tried to change the hard drive from one of our PCs but still same issue. My friend didn't install integrated graphics drivers to get rid of games using integrated graphics and again get complained by our customers.

1. these aren't fast
  2. have you tried completely reconstructing the thing? resete everything.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

2 hours ago, AKSHAYROG said:

Hey everyone

So my friend of mine have a Cyber cafe in our locality and he built 3 new systems because the old 3 systems died and he upgraded it with them so that he wouldn't deal with it anymore. They currently have 6 Gaming PCs at their Cyber Cafe(3 of them are brand new and remaining are old but fast). 

So recently he came across me and said "One of our PCs freeze while gaming" and i went to deal with it and it freezes a lot (not lag or framedrops but freezing for a long time). The customers come to play CSGO, Dota 2 and PUBG Mobile(Stupid game. Why would they play PUBG mobile on PC whereas we have installed PUBG lite on it). And they complained a lot about the lag. I too tried to fix it under my friend's permission. Reinstalled Windows, Reinstalled all games, still nothing. Tried to change Bios Settings but it's of no use. Even older systems perform very well than these. Finally i thought to post this on this forum for any solution. So plz help me and my Friend.

PC specs

Intel core I3 8100

8gb ram

GT 710(he will upgrade to GTX 1650 sooner)

Gigabyte H310M

500gb Hard drive

Windows 10

Old PC specs

Intel core I3 4130

4gb ram

GT 630(and R7 250 on one PC)

Gigabyte H81m S

300gb hard drive

Windows 7

Monitor is a 1080p Acer monitor

Logitech Keyboard, Mouse and headphones

So plz help me in this situation.

Edit: I don't work there. I'm just trying to help my friend in this situation

Neither of those systems are fast, those are, at best 720p60 options. But the straight up freezing is probably because the GPU's are older than the games being played on them. The old PC with 4GB of ram is probably unsuitable for PUBG entirely. The reason for the freezing is very likely they do not have enough system ram, and not enough GPU memory, so the GPU starts using system ram, and when the system ram runs out, it starts page swapping, and that in turn causes page file thrashing (endless swapping)

What I'd suggest if you are insistent on keeping the old PC's: Gut the RAM from the PC's you replaced so these have 8GB if they are 2x4GB modules. You can put up to 32GB in these machines, but the games will not benefit past 8GB if they're 32-bit games as they will only use the first 4GB of memory. 

If the games are running in DX10/11/12 mode, those GPU's will fallover quickly, those are literately bottom-tier GPU parts that are older than the iGPU on those systems.

15 hours ago, will4623 said:
  1. these aren't fast
  2. have you tried completely reconstructing the thing? resete everything.

I know but the game runs even if it has framedrops but that one system has Freezing issued

14 hours ago, Kisai said:

Neither of those systems are fast, those are, at best 720p60 options. But the straight up freezing is probably because the GPU's are older than the games being played on them. The old PC with 4GB of ram is probably unsuitable for PUBG entirely. The reason for the freezing is very likely they do not have enough system ram, and not enough GPU memory, so the GPU starts using system ram, and when the system ram runs out, it starts page swapping, and that in turn causes page file thrashing (endless swapping)

What I'd suggest if you are insistent on keeping the old PC's: Gut the RAM from the PC's you replaced so these have 8GB if they are 2x4GB modules. You can put up to 32GB in these machines, but the games will not benefit past 8GB if they're 32-bit games as they will only use the first 4GB of memory. 

If the games are running in DX10/11/12 mode, those GPU's will fallover quickly, those are literately bottom-tier GPU parts that are older than the iGPU on those systems.

My friend didn't had any issues like freezing before. He does say that it has a framedrop sometimes which was not a big deal. But our customers play PUBG MOBILE on an emulator which is not a huge deal for that PC even tho we have installed PUBG lite. He would upgrade the Gpu to Gtx 1650 on newer systems and upgrade to ryzen and gpu on his older systems. 

The game freezes for a minute on that PC and resumes for a minute and the process repeats.

The other 5 pcs are fine except that one

2 hours ago, AKSHAYROG said:

My friend didn't had any issues like freezing before. He does say that it has a framedrop sometimes which was not a big deal. But our customers play PUBG MOBILE on an emulator which is not a huge deal for that PC even tho we have installed PUBG lite. He would upgrade the Gpu to Gtx 1650 on newer systems and upgrade to ryzen and gpu on his older systems. 

The game freezes for a minute on that PC and resumes for a minute and the process repeats.

The other 5 pcs are fine except that one

Yeah, that's almost guaranteed swap thrashing.

I'm not sure why you'd want to play pubg mobile on a desktop, but that's not a decision I'm going to press you on. Mobile emulators add an entire extra layer of latency and processing drops. If you can play PUBG on an mobile emulator at 720p , you can probably run the regular version and it will be twice as fast and less likely to freeze.

At any rate, upgrade the RAM, and the GPU, that should solve the problem.

17 minutes ago, Kisai said:

I'm not sure why you'd want to play pubg mobile on a desktop

People like suddenly being "good" at something even if that's because it's 10x easier for them than the people in front... so much that game devs actually now purposely release emulator solutions along the mobile games.

Anyway it's likely the emulator. Didn't try pubg, but like everyone else last week I did give CoD mobile emulator a try and did also get lags, fps drops and freezes... that's on a 9900K, 32GB RAM, GTX1070, 2TB RAID0 NVMe storage.

Maybe it's inntentional by the devs to give a poor experience to kinda level the playing field a bit? Or it's just a pile of cobbled together trash that works poorly.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

5 hours ago, Kisai said:

Yeah, that's almost guaranteed swap thrashing.

I'm not sure why you'd want to play pubg mobile on a desktop, but that's not a decision I'm going to press you on. Mobile emulators add an entire extra layer of latency and processing drops. If you can play PUBG on an mobile emulator at 720p , you can probably run the regular version and it will be twice as fast and less likely to freeze.

At any rate, upgrade the RAM, and the GPU, that should solve the problem.

But other systems do not suffer this issue except one. And they play Pubg mobile at 720p(it was the default resolution set by the emulator). I tried to play Pubg lite on that PC and it too has that issue. The rest of the systems we have doesn't have this issue.

Sooner or later we'll upgrade the systems

?

Btw tnx for your advice

5 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Anyway it's likely the emulator. Didn't try pubg, but like everyone else last week I did give CoD mobile emulator a try and did also get lags, fps drops and freezes... that's on a 9900K, 32GB RAM, GTX1070, 2TB RAID0 NVMe storage.

Maybe it's inntentional by the devs to give a poor experience to kinda level the playing field a bit? Or it's just a pile of cobbled together trash that works poorly.

It's not the emulator. I tried PUBG lite and Minecraft and still the same issue. Emulators do work good if not perfect on other systems except that pc. Idk is it page swapping or driver issue or other.