Intel Xtreme Tuning Utility and i5-8265U, Power throttling setting gets overridden all the time

So I have a HP Probook 450 G6 with i5-8265u and I am using the Intel XTreme tuning utility to increase the allowed power to 20W from 15W, and it works..... for about 20 seconds and then it goes back down to 12-15W limit. Any idea why that is happening? Temps stay at or bellow 70C at full load when it is at 20W so I dont think temps aer the issue.

Have you disabled turbo-boost in the BIOS, could be that overriding the settings. That processor should be fine up to 25W.

https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/products/processors/core/i5-processors/i5-8265u.html

Spoiler

My Rig {TEAM RED} --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X GPU: Powercolor Red Dragon RX590 8GB PSU: Novatech Powerstation V2 500w Semi Modular 

Mobo: Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming RAM: Adata XPG 16GB 3000mhz Storage: Sandisk Ultra 120GB SSD + 1 WD 1TB Blues

Case: Corsair Carbide Spec 05   Cooling:  AMD Raith Spectre RGB  Monitor:  Benq XL2420Z

Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion SPECTRUM  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SPECTRUM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------