Office pc for my parents

Devryd

Hi Guys,

i am currently specing together an office pc for my parents. It will only be used for light office work and some web browsing. 
I am currently thinking of this:
CPU/GPU: Ryzen 3 3200g

SSD: Crucial MX500

RAM: 8GB DDR4 3000 CL16 G.Skill Aegis

PSU BeQuiet Pure Power 11 300w non modular
Motherboard: MSI B450M Pro-VDH max 

I can reuse the old case and the peripherals so it is only these parts i need. I am currently at about 300€ ( im ordering in germany, so i don't know exactly how much dollars this would be)
Is there something i should change in this build?
Thanks for your help

Unless you want to save some money the build itself is perfectly fine. The only things is that the PSU is perfectly fine for the build but it just makes me uncomfortable.

2 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

PSU is perfectly fine for the build but it just makes me uncomfortable

why does it make you uncomfortable?
and where would you save some money?

2 minutes ago, Devryd said:

why does it make you uncomfortable?

Probably because I'm constantly thinking about upgrades and if you happen to want to add a gpu for some reason to the machine the power supply has to go out most likely. It just sits at the back of my mind

well, the pc is really only used for office work and web browsing, but if i wanted to, the PSU should be able to sustain a  gtx 1660. This would be more than sufficient for everything that will be used on this PC. The Display is also only 1080p. But also my parents don't game at all.
You meant that I could save some money on the build, how would that be?

10 minutes ago, Devryd said:

well, the pc is really only used for office work and web browsing, but if i wanted to, the PSU should be able to sustain a  gtx 1660. This would be more than sufficient for everything that will be used on this PC. The Display is also only 1080p. But also my parents don't game at all.
You meant that I could save some money on the build, how would that be?

you could save money but only little money if its only for office work u can really afford to get a really crappy micro atx board get some cheap ass ram etc. but the build you've done looks fine. Could even get a 2200g and mobo combo for under a hundred bux second hand if u look on ebay or whatever you have around there.

I wanted the 3200g because the hs is soldered to the die. The 2200g uses thermal paste 

10 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Unless you want to save some money the build itself is perfectly fine. The only things is that the PSU is perfectly fine for the build but it just makes me uncomfortable.

That PSU at least isn't some trash tier unbranded ****box from sketchy Aliexpress/Taobao/whatever, for an office PC I've seen way worse choices than a Be Quiet! PP11

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

You could get lower frequency ram as it usually is cheaper like 2400mhz or 2600mhz. Instead of the 3200g you can get a ryzen 3 2200g 

On 10/6/2019 at 2:11 PM, Devryd said:

Hi Guys,

i am currently specing together an office pc for my parents. It will only be used for light office work and some web browsing. 
I am currently thinking of this:
CPU/GPU: Ryzen 3 3200g

SSD: Crucial MX500

RAM: 8GB DDR4 3000 CL16 G.Skill Aegis

PSU BeQuiet Pure Power 11 300w non modular
Motherboard: MSI B450M Pro-VDH max

I can reuse the old case and the peripherals so it is only these parts i need. I am currently at about 300€ ( im ordering in germany, so i don't know exactly how much dollars this would be)
Is there something i should change in this build?
Thanks for your help

If it's just an Office PC why not go with a Ryzen 2200G or 2400G  or even an Athlon APU (200-series) combo-ed with an A320-based mobo? Seems overkill to go with latest gen Ryzen and a B450 board.

Also make the RAM 2x4GB to make use of dual-channel.

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti

1 hour ago, grss1982 said:

why not go with a Ryzen 2200G or 2400G

the second gen ryzen APU's use thermal paste, the newer APUs are soldered so it should run cooler and quieter

1 hour ago, grss1982 said:

Also make the RAM 2x4GB to make use of dual-channel.

how much would that help me?

2x4gb cost 43€

1x8gb cost 30€ 
they have the same frequency and timings 

i also wanted the b450 board for possible upgradebility. I know it's not really necessary for an office PC but i want to be on the safe side

15 hours ago, Devryd said:

the second gen ryzen APU's use thermal paste, the newer APUs are soldered so it should run cooler and quieter

how much would that help me?

2x4gb cost 43€

1x8gb cost 30€ 
they have the same frequency and timings 

i also wanted the b450 board for possible upgradebility. I know it's not really necessary for an office PC but i want to be on the safe side

If you're going to upgrade it in the future especially with that B450 board, why would the thermal paste vs. soldered argument matter? Also IIRC the whole thermal paste vs. soldered argument was only relevant if you were overlocking.

That's weird pricing on the RAM. Shouldn't it be cheaper since it's a smaller capacity stick? Although now that you mention it, dual channel might not be of much use for office work.

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti

2 hours ago, grss1982 said:

Also IIRC the whole thermal paste vs. soldered argument was only relevant if you were overlocking.

I actually plan to throw a little overclock on the system. I don't like the thought of wasting performance, even if it isn't needed