Ryzen 5 2600 and GTX 1660 non-Ti with 16 go of ram, will a 500W bronze PSU be enough?

Neymus

Okay, so I plan to build a new pc, and I was going to get a Aerocool Lux 550W, but after seeing how mediocre Aerocool's reputation is, I've decided to change my psu. (which I guess is a fair move, considering how important of a composant the psu is) So yeah, I'll have a Ryzen 5 2600 and a GTX 1660 non-Ti, and I'm looking for a psu that is fairly good for my build, and my budget is around 70$ max. Can you guys recommend me some good quality products that won't catch on fire after 4 hours?

Hard to recommend anything when we don't know what's available and how the pricing is for you. Where are you buying from? 

:)

5 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Hard to recommend anything when we don't know what's available and how the pricing is for you. Where are you buying from? 

Oh yeah I forgot to say that, I live in France

2 minutes ago, RainingTacco said:

In France you have myriads of possibilities, why Aerocool?

Budget restrictions, but I recently got around 40$ so I'm going to spend it on the psu

6 minutes ago, Neymus said:

Budget restrictions, but I recently got around 40$ so I'm going to spend it on the psu

You should save some money to get better quality psu then IMO.

3 minutes ago, eemunni said:

You should definitely increase your budget a bit if you want an okay-good quality PSU. 

The Be Quiet! System Power 9 500W 80+ Bronze PSU seems like a good pick for the pricing. it is a Tier B on the PSU Tier list.

Or you could go with the Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 400W 80+ Gold PSU if you don't plan on overclocking and should power a 1660 and a 2600 well, each are around €55 in pricing.

4 minutes ago, eemunni said:

That's what I'm doing, I had ~35$ to spend on the psu, now I have around 70$, and I guess it will be enough to get a high quality 550W psu? I hope so.

1 minute ago, Fierybattlehawk said:

You should definitely increase your budget a bit if you want an okay-good quality PSU. 

The Be Quiet! System Power 9 500W 80+ Bronze PSU seems like a good pick for the pricing. it is a Tier B on the PSU Tier list.

Or you could go with the Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 400W 80+ Gold PSU if you don't plan on overclocking and should power a 1660 and a 2600 well, each are around €55 in pricing.

Okay, I'll see all the details of the PSUs later, but it seems good. If I can overclock with a 500W, even if it's just a bit, I'll take it.

Riotoro builder 600W, they have a decent price of 60-70 euro, and its NOT terrible. 

how much is this one for you?

EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

1 minute ago, RainingTacco said:

Riotoro builder 600W, they have a decent price of 60-70 euro, and its NOT terrible. 

Isn't it a little overkill for my build? I don't plan to upgrade the gpu anytime soon, and maybe I'm gonna get a R5 3600 but that's all. Will a 500-550W be enough?

i meant to post this

be quiet! System Power 9

and no these are the lowest you should ever go

never buy anything thats not 80 plus bronze AT LEAST

scratch the evga one

(I don't know how to delete a post so I'm just doing that before knowing how to do lol)

2 minutes ago, Neymus said:

Isn't it a little overkill for my build? I don't plan to upgrade the gpu anytime soon, and maybe I'm gonna get a R5 3600 but that's all. Will a 500-550W be enough?

You can get 500W, but the price difference should be small. If 600 is outside the budget, then get 500w. 

i wouldnt personally get it, i didnt mean to post the evga one

EVGA 500w Bronze only if its in the $40 range.

I have a hard time recommending any 500w unit over the $50 price point unless its a special form factor like SFX.  500w for $50 is just too close to the cost of quality ~650w+ units.

Okay so I'm mosr likely getting a be quiet! System Power 9 500W, but if I see a good 600W PSU (at least B tier?), I might get that instead, is it okay?

I would suggest:

Corsair CX (2017)
be quiet! System Power 9
Xilence Performance X
Xilence Performance A+
be quiet! pure power 11 CM
Possibly even a Bitfenix Formula Gold.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AX1600i owner. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_GMev0EwK37J3zZL98zIqF-OSBuHlFEHmrc_SPuYsjs/edit?usp=sharing My WIP Power Supply Guide.

2 minutes ago, Neymus said:

Okay so I'm mosr likely getting a be quiet! System Power 9 500W, but if I see a good 600W PSU (at least B tier?), I might get that instead, is it okay?

the b quiet is 80 plus bronze and its a company i just will trust if the specs say it is what it is

3 minutes ago, PSUGuru said:

I would suggest:

Corsair CX (2017)
be quiet! System Power 9
Xilence Performance X
Xilence Performance A+
be quiet! pure power 11 CM
Possibly even a Bitfenix Formula Gold.

youre giving too many choices bro lol

OP was going to choose an aerocool just choose one for them on personal bias haha

4 minutes ago, RelativeMono said:

youre giving too many choices bro lol

OP was going to choose an aerocool just choose one for them on personal bias haha

You can never have too many choices. I suggest those PSUs because they are good budget orientated units, so the OP has choices and can choose any one of those units that fits within the budget.

The only Aerocool PSU that's good is the Project 7. iirc, the rest is junk.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AX1600i owner. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_GMev0EwK37J3zZL98zIqF-OSBuHlFEHmrc_SPuYsjs/edit?usp=sharing My WIP Power Supply Guide.

6 minutes ago, Neymus said:

Ignore the tier list.  It's all over the place.  

That said, the System Power 9 500 is probably the best unit available in the price range you specified at €54.99.

Hey guys, I don't know much about PSUs, and I'm a little bit scared about my future build. Will a 500W PSU be enough for my specs or should I get a 600W one?

Yes, if it is a decent 500w psu, it will be more than fine.

What model is your psu?

Look at psu tier list if in doubt:

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.