What does a "Competitive / Undisclosed" salary mean?

AndreiArgeanu

So, I'm looking for a job to get money hopefully for a new rig. Now I'm 16 and I happened to come across 2 seasonal jobs in my area which basically means they'll hire most people. Now none of the tow mention a pay rate, one of them doesn't have it at all and the other just says "Salary   Competitive / Undisclosed". Now will I actually know the payrate before I start working, and why might they not be showing it? I mean it doesn't really matter as either way I'm going I just wish to know a little more about this. By the way the two companies are based in UK and are name The Works and Card Factory.

You will know before you start, yes.  They will have to state the actual amount in your employment offer, at which time you can accept or counter.  They just don't want to broadcast to the world what they're paying.  Why?  Well, your imagination is probably as good as any for reasons.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

yea it means it is not competitive and low. Prob $1 above minimum wage. It what McDonalds in my country puts in their adverts. Seasonal jobs are often low paid.

Usually means average pay, around minimum or just above. They won't put what the pay is cause they know most people won't bother. But, if they can get people in, they can try and bullsh!t them into taking the job. LOL!

11 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

So, I'm looking for a job to get money hopefully for a new rig. Now I'm 16 and I happened to come across 2 seasonal jobs in my area which basically means they'll hire most people. Now none of the tow mention a pay rate, one of them doesn't have it at all and the other just says "Salary   Competitive / Undisclosed". Now will I actually know the payrate before I start working, and why might they not be showing it? I mean it doesn't really matter as either way I'm going I just wish to know a little more about this. By the way the two companies are based in UK and are name The Works and Card Factory.

"Competitive / undisclosed" means:

1. It's competitive (or similar) to similar positions - this in all likelihood means minimum wage, frankly.

2. Undisclosed means that the company didn't disclose the pay. Pretty simple.

If you're curious, call and ask. A lot of companies, unfortunately, don't post the pay publicly, and will wait until you get through part or all of the interview process before discussing the pay.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I would agree with what the other people have stated. Most likely around minimum wage or just above it.
Another reason they might not to disclose the salary is they don't want existing employees to know how much they're offering new applicants in fear that the existing staff will demand pay rises (especially if they're offering more than the current staff are being paid!).

11 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Now I'm 16 and I happened to come across 2 seasonal jobs in my area which basically means they'll hire most people.

This is probably going to seem insensitive, but at 16 for a seasonal job just take whatever you can get [as long as you're paid at least minimum wage - don't let anyone rip you off!]. Put in a decent effort for a few months, get some work experience, some good references, and of course earn some cash for your gaming rig and start saving up for a car and whatever else you might need. At 16 don't expect the pay anywhere to be anything remarkable. Consider anything offered above minimum wage as a win.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Like others have said it's minimum wage or more (around a dollar or two above). Undisclosed can also mean that if you have any previous work experiences, you might earn slightly more than average starting pay as well.