Advertising in YouTube videos

strajk-

Since the adpocalypse a lot of channels started embracing ads in their content, as in what LTT does too, giving a shout-out to a product or service.

But yesterday I was surprised to find out that there is actually an extension that outright skips the ad-plug portion of any video you're currently watching, given someone else that also owns said extension marked the timestamp of when that plug starts and ends.

Not going to name the extension as it would be classified as promoting it, but I tried it, and works seamlessly.

So far all the recent releases from LTT, GN and other tech channels I follow have timestamps registered on their videos where the extension just outright jumps ahead to when the ad stops:

image.png.220032a4ed1ecc4b755ca7b87434e767.png

* GN Video, brown portion is the Sponsored Content

So what now?

I can see the huge potential in this, it will definitely blow up, just like the original AdBlock did back in the late 2000s, what's going to be the next best way to monetize content since this is going to be a huge blow for all channels once it actually gets big.

I wonder if Google will remove this from their Chrome Store, considering it doesn't affect them directly most likely not, still affects them, since if content creators don't get monetized they don't really have a reason to keep making content.

So what do you guys think?

3 minutes ago, strajk- said:

Yes annoying but it could be worse. I just skip it

I like the way corridor crew do those types of ads. They have a count down in the corner of the video with how long the ad read has left. 

I dont mind these types of ads. I rarely am only just paying attention to YouTube, it's generally just on the side while I'm doing something else 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

youll never beat people who dont want to watch your ads on the internet

and all it does is make the internet more miserable for the non tech savvy tard normies

stop it

get some help

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

6 hours ago, strajk- said:

I think... I want that extension.

EDIT: I don't mind the sponsorships IN the videos themselves because at least they're relevant to me, so I don't need the extension. I'm tired of the stupid real cost ads that play 50 times a day before every single youtube video even though i don't vape.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

I use YouTube Premium so I don't get the click to skip ads. But honestly the 20-30 spots in LTT videos don't bother me. At least they're relevant to my interests, so I'll leave them be.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

1 hour ago, TrainFan2019 said:

I think... I want that extension. ?

Spoiler

If mods think I should remove it, please edit accordingly, I don't think it breaks any rules but I'm in no way affiliated with the extension and neither did I want to make myself seem to be.