missing capacitor(I think)on X399motherboard socket. does this need replacing, and how should I do it?

for some context, i recently bought 3 broken threadripper motherboards with the hope that i could repair them and use one in a project. one of the boards is badly damaged and i am intending to use as a donor board. the board in the pic isnt as bad. i have spent about an hour straitening bent pins, and now the only thing i can see wrong is the missing item, which i belive is a capacitor. each of them is about 2-3mm long.

i have looked into micro soldering and think it would be possible to de-solder a cap from the donor board and put it on the board which is in better shape. problem is im a complete noob and have very little electrical knowledge and 0 micro soldering experience. 

I would like to know if the cap is even necessary, as im aware sometimes extra components are used for redundancy. if i do need to fix it, would this tool be enough(TS100): 
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MDTO6X7/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=rossmanngroup-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01MDTO6X7&linkId=2d7c13ceaf8725fb1aadce13d12a16c3

i saw that Louis Rossman recommended it, and it is fairly inexpensive compared to the alternatives. 

I would also be interested to hear about solder/flux recommendations for this project, as its another area i know very little about.

any info, advice, recommendations or tips would be really helpful to me. thank you for reading.

solder job1.png

There is nothing missing there... it's just smaller than the other ones.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

There is nothing missing there... it's just smaller than the other ones.

afraid not, from looking at other TR4 sockets its very clear something is missing. all that's left are the solder blobs.

9 minutes ago, Pesky Ngon said:

afraid not, from looking at other TR4 sockets its very clear something is missing. all that's left are the solder blobs.

If you lookat the image you posted, you will see that there is a component there.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

If you lookat the image you posted, you will see that there is a component there.

I cant tell if your serious...dude I have this board, I can clearly tell its just solder and plastic and that all other TR4 boards have a cap there.

27 minutes ago, Pesky Ngon said:

I cant tell if your serious...dude I have this board, I can clearly tell its just solder and plastic and that all other TR4 boards have a cap there.

The 'plastic' is literaly the electronic component between the two solder points.

Every motherboard manufacturer designs their board differently.

Here is board that has a small resistor/capacitor in a completely different spot at the top left side center:

59ae588dN1fa323e1.jpg

This is an MSI board with the same small component in the corner:

msi-motherboard-x399-turbo_socket.jpg

It is completely normal.

I'm surprised I can tell better from a picture than you can in real life.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

The 'plastic' is literaly the electronic component between the two solder points.

Every motherboard manufacturer designs their board differently.

Here is board that has a small resistor/capacitor in a completely different spot at the top left side center:

59ae588dN1fa323e1.jpg

This is an MSI board with the same small component in the corner:

msi-motherboard-x399-turbo_socket.jpg

It is completely normal.

I'm surprised I can tell better from a picture than you can in real life.

wow. fair enough man, I apologise. ive been looking at dozens of x399 mobos in auctions and this is the only one ive seen with this layout for the caps, even when searching google for images of the socket. i thought those two little silver pieces were the solder for where the cap was mounted, and the black colour was so close to the rest of the plastic in the socket i thought it was part of the same thing. thank you for the info and pics, you just saved me from blowing up a motherboard. and sorry for not taking your comment seriously.