Cable extension for Seasonic Focus Plus 750 Gold

Go to solution Solved by TempestCatto,
3 minutes ago, Zator said:

I need to check, but is it really worth to buy cables instead of extensions? 

With extensions you increase the amount of failure points. Personally, I'd just build the PC now and add more aesthetically pleasing cables later.

Hi, 

I’m new at the forum, but whatever. I just wanted to ask you if I plug cable extensions like these ones https://cablemod.com/product/cablemod-pro-modmesh-cable-extension-kit-carbon/ to my default/OEM/stock (I’m not sure how to call them) cables in Seasonic Focus Plus 750 Gold will it increase ripples or affect badly on the performance of the PSU? I’m asking because stock cables feels pretty bad especially since I am about to build pc that need to look good. Please tell me something about it and tell me if I need to worry about using extensions exactly in this PSU. Thanks for answeres and sorry if I wrote something bad, I just wanna tell that I’m from Poland so I don’t use English that much.

The OEM cables are perfectly fine. I have a SeaSonic x650 Watt Gold with the same quality cables, it will be with you for the next 5 pc rebuilds at least.

29 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Why not buy the proper cable kit for your particular PSU?

https://cablemod.com/products/?filter_series=se-series

Do you actually need the cables to be much longer than they are now?

I think I don’t need much longer cables but It’s about aesthetics because the stock ones looks not that well. The SE ones I can’t buy because they aren’t available in any store in my country (only c series) and even if they were available, they would be 3 times more expensive, so that’s why I’m thinking about extensions.

1 hour ago, TempestCatto said:

The OEM cables are perfectly fine. I have a SeaSonic x650 Watt Gold with the same quality cables, it will be with you for the next 5 pc rebuilds at least.

Yeah I’m sure that OEM ones are

good to go with but I also care about aesthetics and because in my country I can’t get cablemod cables for my PSU, I thought about extensions but I’m not sure if they will not decrease performance or affect badly on PSU.

1 hour ago, Zator said:

I think I don’t need much longer cables but It’s about aesthetics because the stock ones looks not that well. The SE ones I can’t buy because they aren’t available in any store in my country (only c series) and even if they were available, they would be 3 times more expensive, so that’s why I’m thinking about extensions.

@CableMod doesn't ship to Poland?

11 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

@CableMod doesn't ship to Poland?

3 minutes ago, Zator said:

With extensions you increase the amount of failure points. Personally, I'd just build the PC now and add more aesthetically pleasing cables later.

1 minute ago, TempestCatto said:

Ok I get it. Do you know whether cablemod products are sometimes on sale? Because for now I even have money to afford my whole build even with cablemod, but I thought that maybe it is worth to use OEM’s and claim cablemods for Christmas or something like that.

Thanks for advice, I really appreciate it.

4 hours ago, Zator said:

Ok I get it. Do you know whether cablemod products are sometimes on sale? Because for now I even have money to afford my whole build even with cablemod, but I thought that maybe it is worth to use OEM’s and claim cablemods for Christmas or something like that.

Thanks for advice, I really appreciate it.

@Zator we ship worldwide from our global store actually. No sales planned just yet but that could change.

Either the SE-Series or RT-Series kits would be compatible though if you wanted direct replacement cables. :)

1 hour ago, CableMod said:

@Zator we ship worldwide from our global store actually. No sales planned just yet but that could change.

Either the SE-Series or RT-Series kits would be compatible though if you wanted direct replacement cables. :)

Ok, thank you very much for reply :).