QWERTY / AZERTY BE layout

Hi

I’m looking for an gaming keyboard.

saddly there are only 2 brands with Belgain AZERTY lay-out.

Corsair, Hyper X, Steelseries and Logitech...

Is it possible with a macro to change the W to Z.

And than change the cap to the position I used to.

So I can leave 4$ in place the buttons above and other keys.

I only need to change key lay-out from BE to UK/US maybe something else.

I dont want to go to FR AZERTY lay-out with the french words.

Corsair and Razer's softwares allow you to reprogram the layouts however you want, provided you can get properly sculpted keycaps

In addition, you could get any QMK enabled keyboard and set up the layouts to be whatever you want. The advantage of that is most of them have standard layouts, which would let you get a flat-profile keycap set where any keycap and go on any row 

On 10/1/2019 at 3:47 PM, alittlepeace said:

Corsair and Razer's softwares allow you to reprogram the layouts however you want, provided you can get properly sculpted keycaps

In addition, you could get any QMK enabled keyboard and set up the layouts to be whatever you want. The advantage of that is most of them have standard layouts, which would let you get a flat-profile keycap set where any keycap and go on any row 

Never heard of the brand QMK. Where is the company from? I think the best option is to buy Razer or Corsair maybe from what I understand its the option im looking for like im explaining.

38 minutes ago, Jongofet said:

Never heard of the brand QMK. Where is the company from? I think the best option is to buy Razer or Corsair maybe from what I understand its the option im looking for like im explaining.

The layout depends on what language you set it to in Windows. The legends on the keyboard don't affect it at all. There's no need to set a macro or anything. 

The shape of the keycaps vary depending on the row they're placed on, so switching the z and w key is not ideal. 

QMK isn't a brand, it's a keyboard firmware. It's commonly used on high end keyboards (i.e. not from Corsair, Razer, Logitech etc). It allows for a ton of customisability. 

All of Corsair's keyboards are pretty crap, and all of Razer's are crap, except for the Huntsman TE. You're likely better off just getting a decent keyboard and ignoring the legends, or replacing the keycaps with Belgian or blank ones. 

:)

QMK is a firmware that provides a ton of customization, and has a GUI web-based config that makes setting up new layouts a lot easier. 

Most keycap profiles are sculpted per row to be different, but there are ones that are designed so that they are all flat and even. This would let you put any keycap in any position that you want, and it won't stick out. 

big-bone-compare_1053x700.jpg?v=15312866

On 10/3/2019 at 12:24 AM, seon123 said:

The shape of the keycaps vary depending on the row they're placed on, so switching the z and w key is not ideal. 

Mayby I can ask if they test it in store and see what's the best option?