3000Mhz or 3200Mhz Ram on B350 Board?

Will any DDR4 3000 or 3200 Ram work right of the box with this Mobo?

Like this one for example, https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-32GB-3000MHz-Memory-Systems/dp/B014UYPEXE/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=32gb+ddr4&qid=1569823478&s=gateway&sr=8-4

This is my B350 motherboard with a R5 2600X.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B350M-GAMING-PRO/Specification

It says O.C in 2667,3000 and 3200 and I dont know what that means. I only have a 2400Mhz 16Gb kit right now.

You can install 3200 or 3000 Mhz ram and I'd say there's probably 90% chances it will run perfectly fine.

Those motherboards with B350 chipsets and 1st generation Ryzen were a bit picky about memory, but you're gonna use Ryzen 2nd generation which is more relaxed about memory and has better memory compatibility out of the box.

If you happen to be out of luck and you get memory errors at 3000 or 3200 Mhz, you can always go in BIOS and either increase the timings to reduce the "stress" on the memory (then retest using memtest86 or other tools), or you can reconfigure the memory to run at 2800 mhz or 2666 Mhz - those memories should run for sure at 2666 Mhz without any problems.

Basically, it's not a question of "will my pc even start with these memories", no matter what you should be able to use those sticks but worst case scenario, you'll just have to run them at lower frequency or higher timings.

10 minutes ago, mariushm said:

You can install 3200 or 3000 Mhz ram and I'd say there's probably 90% chances it will run perfectly fine.

Those motherboards with B350 chipsets and 1st generation Ryzen were a bit picky about memory, but you're gonna use Ryzen 2nd generation which is more relaxed about memory and has better memory compatibility out of the box.

If you happen to be out of luck and you get memory errors at 3000 or 3200 Mhz, you can always go in BIOS and either increase the timings to reduce the "stress" on the memory (then retest using memtest86 or other tools), or you can reconfigure the memory to run at 2800 mhz or 2666 Mhz - those memories should run for sure at 2666 Mhz without any problems.

Basically, it's not a question of "will my pc even start with these memories", no matter what you should be able to use those sticks but worst case scenario, you'll just have to run them at lower frequency or higher timings.

Thank you! I will definitely try those if I start getting problems with the memory.

23 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

this got solved a lot by bios updates though

The board memmory training got improved a lot, the IMC was still the same.

You can expect to max out around 3311mhz using XMP iirc. Zen + got up to around 3466-3600.

54 minutes ago, Palaiologos XII said:

It says O.C in 2667,3000 and 3200 and I dont know what that means. I only have a 2400Mhz 16Gb kit right now.

not much diff getting a new ram, if you already got 2400

also I personally dont trust msi mobo, good luck

58 minutes ago, Palaiologos XII said:

you can attempt to manually OC and get about 2933mhz instead of buying a new kit.