A Halloween film for every day in October, suggestions needed

Radium_Angel

I want to watch 1 horror/sci-fi/etc film in celebration of Halloween, every day of the month of October.

Therefore, I am enlisting your aid for suggestions of what to watch, with the following "rules" in mind:

Standard slasher films are right out, they are boring, and have been done to death (so to speak) 

(1) "Rubber reality" films are always appreciated, since the boundaries between life and the afterlife are supposed to be thinnest on Halloween and who knows what can happen with the boundaries are crossed.

(2) Alien/bug/monster films also good, since people dress up in costumes so that would be in keeping with the tradition.

(3) Supernatural films, for obvious reasons.

So, having said that, here is my list to start with:

Alien (2)

The Thing. Perfect for (2)

Event Horizon (1)

Jacob'e Ladder (the original) (1)

Hellraiser (1 and 2) thought not all the films in that series, as some are junk and some are gems.
In the Mouth of Madness (1)

Prince of Darkness (1)

The Mist (2)

Stormhouse (3)

Night of the Living Dead (the remake) (3)

The Crow (3)

Silent Hill (1)

Mirrors (1)

Evil Dead 2 Dead By Dawn (2 and 3)

What might you suggest, given (1) and (2), or...suggest something that would fit, and give me a reason why.

Cheers gang!

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

The Shining
Hereditary 
28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later
The Babadook
The Sixth Sense
The Conjuring
The Conjuring 2
The final destination movies.... Though they suck balls IMO.

I can't be bothered to give them your 1, 2 or 3 rating. Though I'd say they are usually Super Natural.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Thank you for the suggestions.

I may add 28 days later to the list.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Paranormal supernatural vibe for Halloween flavour?

beetlejuice

beetlejuice 2

Army of Darkness

BloodRayne

Constantine

Adams Family

a mess of Elvira(Cassandra Peterson) movies.

Sin city

Dracula 2000

It ain't scary, but it's a Halloween classic in my book:

Hocus Pocus

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

1931 - Dracula

1933 - The Invisible Man

1956 - Forbidden Planet

1960 - Psycho

1968 - Planet of the Apes

1978 - Damien, The Omen II

1978 - Dawn of the Dead

1980 - The Shining

1985 - Re-Animator

1985 - Day of the Dead

1985 - Return of the Living Dead

1987 - Evil Dead II

1988 - They Live

1990 - It by Stephen King

2012 - The Cabin in the Woods

Why:

Spoiler

Dracula is an easy choice and sets the mood for October. It feels more like a play than a movie, but it's pretty good for being that old and gets things started. The Invisible Man continues the mood that Dracula set and has you on toes the entire time, since it's unclear how things will unfold. Like Dracula, it's rather tame, yet thrilling.

Forbidden Planet is where things really start. It's in colour. It's in outer space. And it's full of wonders. It's still one of those movies that use dialogue to set everything up, despite having also real cool special effects. Just like the next one in line, Psycho. It's a classic. If you haven't watched it already, just do it. Planet of the Apes is one of those great movies that have spawned a legacy of really shitty sequels. Don't let it discourage you if you've already seen any of the lackluster sequels, the first movie is excellent.

So now, why did I recommend the Damien, the second one in a trilogy but not the other two? Because it's the only good one. The first wastes its runtime setting things up for the second movie and the third, I've already forgotten it even exists. But Damien is really cool, since the "evil" kid is the protagonist, he just doesn't know it yet.

Dawn of the Dead is just a classic Zombie movie. Great fun, since it doesn't take itself too seriously. Unlike Day of the Dead later on, which puts kind of a twist on the whole Zombie thing.

The Shining. Of course. Try watching it with the perspective that the father is the only one that stayed sane and it becomes a whole different movie.

Re-Animator, Return of the Living Dead and Evil Dead II are just fun gory movies. They Live is best recommended without telling you too much about the plot and the old version of It by Stephen King is kind of a mixed bag, since the new version is out. I still prefer the old version, since it has that eery athmosphere going.

Cabin in the Woods is basically a deconstruction of the Slasher genre, so only watch it if you're kind of tired of Slasher movies.

Also, I've put some movies together that I'm planning to watch October:

1931 - Frankenstein

1933 - King Kong

1997 - Cube

2000 - Requiem for a Dream

2002 - Resident Evil (+the entire movie series)

2016 - Shin Godzilla

I had forgotten about the Cube Trilogy (with, let's be honest here, only 1 and maybe 3 worth watching)

In a Halloween tradition, only the 1st RE film, the rest get sillier as they progress.

House of 1000 Corpses

The House on Haunted Hill

Junk Yard Dog Build

I7 -10700K
MSI Z490 MPG Gaming Plus

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb (4x8gb) DDR4 (3200 MHz)

Gigabyte RTX 2060 Gaming OC Pro

Corsair H115i Platinum AIO

EVGA 750 GQ

In a Cyberpower PC X-Titan case

Not a horror movie, but Coraline freaked 6 year old me the heck out.  10/10 would recommend.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

Check out the Youtube Channel FoundFlix.

He does reviews/plot synopsis and explanation videos and he heavily focuses on horror films and prolly has a 100+ horror films.

Some of my favorites that I haven't seem people mention.

The Descent.

Cabin in the Woods.

Ernest Scared Stupid.

A Quiet Place.

It Follows.

7 hours ago, Snadzies said:

The Descent.

I'd forgotten about that one. Great claustrophobic setting. Excellent suggestion

30 days of night is a fun movie. 

Cabin in the woods is funny. 

The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Jeepers Creepers

Ernest Scared Stupid 

Hocus Pocus

乇乂丅尺卂 丅卄工匚匚